Seller cancelled the sale after I paid but hasn't refunded my money.

On my purchase page it states,

I didn't request a cancellation nor did I receive any cancel request messages from either the seller or eBay.

After I paid $350 for my item, 185573869163, note this number no longer comes up in a search for me, seller messaged me to say that she cannot go ahead with the sale right now as she had a request from a family member to hold onto the brooch for sentimental reasons the brooch will not be sold at this point if you have sent money forward it will be returned.

Seller changed her mind after I won and paid for the brooch. She said she cancelled the sale but what happened was she tried twice and twice it failed so as far as I’m aware the cancellation didn’t go through.

As she was new to selling, only purchases from what I could see on her feedback page, I tried to instruct her how to do the cancellation so my money would be refunded straight away. Twice she tried and twice it failed. Brick wall went up and she told me eBay won't accept my bank account details, I don't know how to do a refund, eBay have your money, not me.

I then opened an Item Not Received case with eBay, no other option could I find, and eBay accepted it.
Next I opened a PayPal case, I thought eBay owned PayPal, found out since when talking to a Rep. that they don't, and by doing so it voided the eBay case.

I had a lengthy online conversation with an eBay Rep thinking that if I explained the situation he might help me reinstate my case but couldn't help me because I'd opened the PayPal case and all he kept telling me was to work it out with the seller.  Mission impossible.

PayPal has given the seller until 22nd Sept to reply to the case. As there isn't a Tracking Number I'm not sure what grounds the seller would have to object to the case.

I've been buying on eBay for 11 years and have never been in this situation before. Is there anything else I can do to get my refund or is it a matter of sitting tight and hoping that PayPal refunds me?

Thank you for reading this far. 

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0