Seller doesn't have item I paid for

I purchased an item almost 4 weeks ago. After a while was told temporarily out of stock. Now 2 days before Christmas they want to give me a refund as they dont have the item. they are still advertising similar on ebay.  Why can they do this if the stock is not there in the first place. This was a preent for a very special little boy and as I live in the bush Im not getting one for him now. Ver disappinted in this. As I paid through pay pal and only use direct debit to them how will they pay me a refund

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you paid via PayPal, they will refund it to your PayPal account.

Sometimes sellers run out of stock. It happens, especially if they have a big run on one item. Sometimes it still shows as having 1 left when there are in fact none. Also, someone may have received a broken or faulty whatever and the seller has sent a replacement and hadn't got to their listing to update that there were none left.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If it was time sensitive and hadn't arrived after 2 weeks I would have asked for a refund then rather than waiting in the hope they may get more stock.  You have the option to make your feelings known through feedback and DSRs, nothing more you can do about it now.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Buy another from a reputable seller and tell the boy an appropriate story about the elves being very busy...

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply