Seller from UK trying to overcharge on postage to AU on auction won.

Hello, I have a story to tell if those want to read it.  There is a collectible that I've been looking to purchase from a seller in the UK thats only available in the uk, I saw an auction & asked offline if he would ship to AU he said yes.  The auction had a listing of GBP10.00 with a buy it now of GBP 20.00 postage extra.  I had missed out on bidding on the auction however asked him via message how much he'd be willing to sell without ebay. he said GBP 25.00 and wouldn't budge on the price, fair enough.  I told him Id try to bid for a lesser price & he tried to get me to buy now to not waste time bidding on item, Even sending paypal address so that I would send payment right away. 

He relisted & with the same starting price & buy it now, I bid on it and won for GBP 10.00.  I receive an invoice for a grand total of GBP 22.00 which is GBP 12.00 for postage to AU more then the actual items i bid on.  Bare in mind I have purchased many items from the UK to AU, some same size figures only more (i'm buying just 2 of these figures) in quantity for GBP 5.00+.  I even purchased a construct a bot wall-e in a box for GBP 8.10.  I brought this up to him and he begins to get testy with me giving me all kinds of reasons and excuses for why the price is GBP 12.00 even requesting I cancel transaction & bringing up that the offer he gave me outside of ebay was how much postage was going to be.  Also tells me cost of box, bubble wrap even the post office he sending it to.  I know for a fact that something that small doesn't cost the amount he's requesting yet he insists that either I pay it or he won't deal with me.  I had been willing to offer as much as GBP 7.50 which should be sufficient enough for postage & refuses.  I know I'm being overcharged for postage & he even knows yet he refuses to admit to it. I know he's just looking to get as much money for his figures as possible.

I find it very disrespectful of his practices & I would cancel transaction but I want the items I bid on.  I just hate being taken for a fool and being overcharged. As a seller I know that getting to the post office & whatever you use to ship item(s) out is your responsibility, anything extra should be told to the buyer if he wants to pay more, a seller shouldn't expect buyer to pay more because of the hassle the seller goes thru, you list it on ebay KNOWING all the things you must do to ship/sell so it shouldn't be a surprise. He claims tracking & signature are a reason too & said he doesn't want to ship on the cheap.  I told him it should be MY choice to ship certain way as they would be my figures once paid. He doesn't acknowledge that either.

I'm not sure what to do, he sounds like a smug scammer & automatically expects buyers to pay what he says based on his word.  I want the items I just would feel like a moron accepting to pay his outrageous postage fee.  I feel that if I do accept to pay his price that I should demand proof be sent along or be seen on the package & if the total amount doesn't equal the amount he asked me to pay then I should take the appropriate actions on him.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 139
Latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Re: Seller from UK trying to overcharge on postage to AU on auction won.

floggingdeadhorse.gif

TRACKING NUMBER

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 121 of 139
Latest reply

That seller has cleverly flattened the boxes and sent it all in a padded bag. Who knows how heavy the packaging is in the other case. Maybe it is like this?

ebmailteapot.jpg

Picture comes from the classic "Helplessly Addicted to eBay Barbie", funny story and pics

http://www.dancetc.com/addic.html

Message 122 of 139
Latest reply

can somoene post a pic of what these things are

I sooo wanna know what all the drama is about some plastic ornaments

Message 123 of 139
Latest reply

Had to come in and see why this thread is still going LOL

Seriously - bottom line - Seller can decide how they post, charge accordingly (within reasonable gudelines) to protect themselves - especially for OS postage.

If this friendly buyer wanted the seller to post without protection, they should have paid by bank deposit, so neither seller NOR buyer was protected.

What a long drawn out saga - and I can only imagine how many BBL's this overbearing buyer has been added to.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 124 of 139
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

can somoene post a pic of what these things are

I sooo wanna know what all the drama is about some plastic ornaments

Message 119 previous page gives you some idea

Message 125 of 139
Latest reply

just looked like little foil packets to me LOL

Message 126 of 139
Latest reply

Message 127 of 139
Latest reply

untitled.png

Message 128 of 139
Latest reply

Gosh, they're ugly little buggers, eh?

are these a kids collector toy like from Mc Donalds or sumfin?

or is this an adult thing?

Message 130 of 139
Latest reply