Seller from UK trying to overcharge on postage to AU on auction won.

Hello, I have a story to tell if those want to read it.  There is a collectible that I've been looking to purchase from a seller in the UK thats only available in the uk, I saw an auction & asked offline if he would ship to AU he said yes.  The auction had a listing of GBP10.00 with a buy it now of GBP 20.00 postage extra.  I had missed out on bidding on the auction however asked him via message how much he'd be willing to sell without ebay. he said GBP 25.00 and wouldn't budge on the price, fair enough.  I told him Id try to bid for a lesser price & he tried to get me to buy now to not waste time bidding on item, Even sending paypal address so that I would send payment right away. 

He relisted & with the same starting price & buy it now, I bid on it and won for GBP 10.00.  I receive an invoice for a grand total of GBP 22.00 which is GBP 12.00 for postage to AU more then the actual items i bid on.  Bare in mind I have purchased many items from the UK to AU, some same size figures only more (i'm buying just 2 of these figures) in quantity for GBP 5.00+.  I even purchased a construct a bot wall-e in a box for GBP 8.10.  I brought this up to him and he begins to get testy with me giving me all kinds of reasons and excuses for why the price is GBP 12.00 even requesting I cancel transaction & bringing up that the offer he gave me outside of ebay was how much postage was going to be.  Also tells me cost of box, bubble wrap even the post office he sending it to.  I know for a fact that something that small doesn't cost the amount he's requesting yet he insists that either I pay it or he won't deal with me.  I had been willing to offer as much as GBP 7.50 which should be sufficient enough for postage & refuses.  I know I'm being overcharged for postage & he even knows yet he refuses to admit to it. I know he's just looking to get as much money for his figures as possible.

I find it very disrespectful of his practices & I would cancel transaction but I want the items I bid on.  I just hate being taken for a fool and being overcharged. As a seller I know that getting to the post office & whatever you use to ship item(s) out is your responsibility, anything extra should be told to the buyer if he wants to pay more, a seller shouldn't expect buyer to pay more because of the hassle the seller goes thru, you list it on ebay KNOWING all the things you must do to ship/sell so it shouldn't be a surprise. He claims tracking & signature are a reason too & said he doesn't want to ship on the cheap.  I told him it should be MY choice to ship certain way as they would be my figures once paid. He doesn't acknowledge that either.

I'm not sure what to do, he sounds like a smug scammer & automatically expects buyers to pay what he says based on his word.  I want the items I just would feel like a moron accepting to pay his outrageous postage fee.  I feel that if I do accept to pay his price that I should demand proof be sent along or be seen on the package & if the total amount doesn't equal the amount he asked me to pay then I should take the appropriate actions on him.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 139
Latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Re: Seller from UK trying to overcharge on postage to AU on auction won.

i like you chezzy, you get it.

crikey mate I hate beating this dead horse but do the math. He was charging 9/10 GBP (16.16-17.95 AUD) WITHOUT tracking & signature (see my pics it only cost 5.05 (9.07 AUD) to ship here unregistered without tracking/sig). Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two & two together. All this talk of items not getting to their destination via unregistered my post proved otherwise.

dzz666uk - I have no idea what is meant by that picture but ok.
Message 131 of 139
Latest reply

all this explaining is tiring, dead horses, numbers games, figures, popcorn.  Here's a random picture of a bunny just to change the subject:

bun.jpg

Message 132 of 139
Latest reply

Like the bunny - so can this now be a dead thread.....

please

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 133 of 139
Latest reply

@2eternalhell wrote:
i like you chezzy, you get it.

I do get it - wanting to have a shipping cost that is 'relative' to the item's value and so on. I also get that many many people have successfully used the cheaper shipping services over the years, myself included. BUT this seller does not seem happy to use anything other than the full signed for/tracked. He has made it pretty clear. I am a believer of if one door closes another will open.

Message 134 of 139
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
2eternalhell let me ask you a question. If item is sent without tracking and was lost in the post, what would be your next course of action?
Message 135 of 139
Latest reply

Gawd!  That is a bit sad, isn't it?

Message 136 of 139
Latest reply

Good question!

I can't believe this hooha over rubbish plastic figures. 

OP, are they so valuable to you. that you want to carry on and on about it?

Jejuuuuuuus!

Message 137 of 139
Latest reply

hey thats a nice bunny.......................how much did it cost to post ??????

Message 138 of 139
Latest reply

This thread is now locked as it has descended recently into interpersonal remarks.

Also, the thread has served its purpose and furhter discussion seems pointless.

Message 139 of 139
Latest reply