Seller had incorrect UPC in listing

Hi.

I tried searching Help and the Forum, but couldn't find an answer, so apologies if this has been discussed somewhere else.

Basically, I bid on (and subsequently won) an item.

Two UPCs were listed in the item. I conducted a internet search on both UPCs. The first resulted in the latest model of the product and the second didn't come up with anything, so I assumed I had bid on the latest model.

I didn't realise until after the auction ended that the product was actually an older model and that the other UPC related to the older model.

I no longer want the item and have emailed the seller apologising. I understand completely that I should have asked questions before bidding etc. but I was just curious if anyone knew what the policy was on using UPCs.

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Seller had incorrect UPC in listing

The stroller?

Which one is the incorrect UPC, as the seller only put one in but there is two in the product details.

The item specifics contains data input by the seller, the product details are those from the standard eBay catalogue, and I think it just means the features and specs are the same for both production runs.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Cool.

Thanks so much for clarifying.

My bad, completely.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

maybe think about asking the seller some questions before you buy.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I acknowledged that in my orignal post, but thank you for you input.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks again for your help.

Not sure if you know the answer to this or not, but I realised that the seller's listed UPC as well as the "seller notes" did not appear in the item on my iPhone app (where I search and bid for most things). That's probably why I didn't noticei it until you pointed it out.

It was only until I looked at the item on the full site (after you pointed me there) did I notice both the UPC and Seller Notes. This isn't the seller's fault, of course, but I was just wondering if it was a glitch anyone else was aware of/

Thanks so much.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The mobile app can be a little problematic in terms of how information is displayed, as when you look at a listing, things like the item description and specifics entered by the seller have to be viewed separately, and the links aren't displayed as prominently as the core info (item title, photos, bid/buy button). You can view a listing in full (as it would appear on a computer, I mean), if you switch from the app to the Classic Site (I think it's a small link at the bottom of the screen - that can also help resolve some checkout issues, if you ever find you're not able to pay for multiple items from the same seller). 

I hope you're able to resolve the issue with the seller. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply