Seller has refused to post item until her 21 day Paypal hold on funds is up

imwems
Community Member

Purchased an item on 19th December, paid with paypal but received a message from seller advising that item would not be posted until funds are available to her after the 21 day hold. To add to the mix she will be on holiday and will post the item when she gets back on 15th January. It has been marked as posted with a tracking number but no information is available other than that, not showing "in transit".  Clearly hasn't been posted.
I messaged seller politely advising this was unaceptable and item should be posted asap, pointing out the item has been paid for, 21 day hold is because she is new ebayer (zero feedback) and not really my problem.

Ebay customer service told me to contact her again, advising once the item was received, tracking will show that, then funds will be released. I did, no response.

Any thoughts on what to do? Thanks

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Seller has refused to post item until her 21 day Paypal hold on funds is up

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@countessalmirena wrote:

The only sort of lead I don't like following is the sort that's attached to the collar of a pitbull.

A one line answer? Have you been hacked Countess??? hearty-laugh.gif

Hacked, no. But stranded in small African town? yes, and all monies stolen, plees send monie for rescoo by Western Union.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Maybe the pitbull had a guillotine ?

It may well have. If the jaws don't get you, the Guillotine™ does.

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

@countessalmirena wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
The ONLY sort of lead, countess? If you followed a lot of leads from the forums you'd end up falling in the ditch, or flat on your face!

That's what I get for a pithy answer... I put myself in the position of having to defend following every other sort of lead which of course is... indefensible.

Brerrabbit, heeeeelp... it's dark and muddy, and there's a nasty smell... I think it might be a ditch.

P.S. Bring winch, torch, portable shower, and emergency chocolate.

You forgot the brandy Woman Very Happy

Is there any brandy left in the world after the annual Attack of the Killer Christmas Puddings?

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

@countessalmirena wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
The ONLY sort of lead, countess? If you followed a lot of leads from the forums you'd end up falling in the ditch, or flat on your face!

That's what I get for a pithy answer... I put myself in the position of having to defend following every other sort of lead which of course is... indefensible.

Brerrabbit, heeeeelp... it's dark and muddy, and there's a nasty smell... I think it might be a ditch.

P.S. Bring winch, torch, portable shower, and emergency chocolate.

You forgot the brandy Woman Very Happy

Is there any brandy left in the world after the annual Attack of the Killer Christmas Puddings?

Probably only top of the top shelf - which would suit you very well Countess.

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

If it's on the top shelf (literally), that winch will come in handy...

Re this seller who has apparently swanned off on holiday and refuses to post the item purchased, she really should take a fortifying swig of brandy, send off the item, apologise to the buyer, and then provide proof of delivery as soon as feasible to get the funds released.

I strongly disagree with the withholding of funds - but buyers should not be penalised for this. Much better for someone selling on eBay to prepare him/herself properly before selling anything on eBay; there are various things that can be done.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

I would have negged her so fast her head would have spun around like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. I

also would have opened an item not received dispute as soon as I was able-to heck with niceties, she

sounds like she knew exactly what she was doing.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@imastawka wrote:

My money's on 30 days.

"Searches valiantly behind the cushions for 5 cent pieces to match the wager"...............

I somehow doubt the OP is coming back Stawks, either 'cos they can't find their way back or are happy with the multitude of answers.

Spoiler
Ring any bells ????
Message 37 of 37
Latest reply