Seller increase price between advertised and checkout

VELVET SCALLOP ARMCHAIR ACCENT CHAIR COUCH SINGLE SEAT SOFA OCCASIONAL LOUNGE

Hi,  I don't know if I am in the right place for advise, today I searched on Ebay for an occasional chair 

& found 1 I liked at $299.00 + delivery to my home address.  Put it on my "Wish List" and just before 3pm I went to purchase the chair and the seller had now change the price to $329.00.  I wasted so much time trying to figure out what had happened and contacted the seller who was REMOVED.  They told me too bad, the price that you purchase at in that minute is what you pay.  They wouldn't honour their price of $299.00.  They have every right to do this through their Clause No. 6.2 We reserve the right to change the prices for any item or product displayed on the Site from time to time.   To me this is "Price Gouging".  They are awear of how many people are looking at their item every hour.  Can someone please help me because I don;t know were to go from here.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seeing as you haven't purchased or paid just move on and find another seller.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

??

Is the item #  223572781111

I see that seller is having a sale and the price of that chair is now $269

BTW a moderator will remove the name of the seller.

You are not allowed to name and shame here.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Had another look.

The seller has variations on that chair.

Depending on the colour, the price changes.

Did you not notice that?

The black with gold legs is $329

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@judir5052 wrote:

To me this is "Price Gouging".  They are awear of how many people are looking at their item every hour.  Can someone please help me because I don;t know were to go from here.

It is not price gouging, any more than the fluctuating cost of petrol means price gouging - you have no basis for complaint just on there being a change to the price between looking at it and wanting to go back and purchase, if that is what happened. If the seller is going to adjust the price of something, they can't wait until everyone has finished looking at it and decided whether or not they're going to buy, because no such time exists when the listings are available 24/7. 

No seller in their right mind will change prices according to how many views a listing gets per hour. Most sellers wouldn't have the time, patience or dedication to bother; and it would only be an uneducated seller who would even think to try (any seller who has 30k+ feedback knows that views do not automatically mean interested buyers, and interested buyers do not automatically mean sales - if a seller can convert even 10% of the people who look at a listing into a sale, they are generally doing quite well. That particular listing has sold 25 times, and only once in recent history. I doubt the seller would have thought increasing the price was going to do the trick). 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply