Seller is dodging me...

Everytime I asked for help the seller fobbed me off with promises to help and kept asking me questions that didn't really relate to the purchase I made. No help was offered. Now the feedback time has expired and I can't leave a negative feedback and they still won't answer me. 

EBay admin are next to impossible to locate or talk to. Not happy

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Seller is dodging me...

When a seller does not help, you have to stop communication with them and open a case.

Sadly, it appears that it is now too late to open a case if you cannot even leave feedback.

Did you use PayPal to pay? You could possibly still open a case in PP (you have 180 days since the date of purchase).

What was the problem?

(By the way, you are not allowed to name and shame on this board.)

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Seller is dodging me...

You are not allowed to name sellers in the forums. Mods will be along to edit the post.

Why do you need to talk to Ebay? You don't even need to communicate with the seller.

Your first port of call would be to open a dispute.

Have you read the buyers guide in any way?

Of course the seller has fobbed you off. They only have a 30 day obligation after receipt of the item and if you have not opened a case in that time...... too bad.

Give us some information as to what happened so we can best advise.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Seller is dodging me...

No need at all to keep trying to communicate with a seller who won't help

You open a dispute before the time limit is up and you will get your money back

Be it not as described or not received 

YOU as the buyer are given the tools and YOU as the buyer have all the power

Use it

You are not covered otherwise

You have been a member for almost 20 years and should be aware of the most very very basic things like this by now

However, you show no concern about that, only not being able to leave feedback (which you could have easily done before the time limit was up to

Since the seller has God awful feedback already, which you took no notice of, I doubt adding yours would make any difference to other buyers who insist on buying from them

There is no need to contact eBay admin

Or keep on messaging a dodgy seller like this

If you want to contact eBay CS, eBay Help is at the top of every single page

Not sure what you want them to do though, it is up to you to open a dispute when needed

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Seller is dodging me...

I honestly can't understand this obsession with giving bad feedback, when there are other factors involved, such as possibly getting your money back if an item isn't as it was described in the ad.

You had 60 days in which to give feedback. If things changed after giving that feedback, you could then give a follow up comment later. So what was your problem? You needed to jump in with your neg as soon as the seller started fobbing you off.

What do you think is going to hurt a seller more? Getting negative feedback or having to refund all the money (including postage which they have already paid for, so they will then be out of pocket).

Sellers won't like either but they will dislike losing money more.

So that's your aim if things go wrong and you're being given the run around. Go for the jugular and open a claim for a refund. You possibly can still do that if you paid via paypal.

The seller probably thinks you won't have a clue about that. Surprise them.

Ebay admin are not going to help, you've left it too late. Read the help pages for a guideline the minute things start to go wrong, so you know the policies.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Seller is dodging me...

And why a person thinks it will be *their* neg feedback will make a difference when they, themselves bought from a seller who already had more than enough negs to scream loud and clear to avoid buying from them

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply