Seller not posting for days

So annoyed.  I bought an item based on the listings promise of same day dispach on most items, and within 24 hours otherwise.  Item expected to be recieved on or before four days after the sale.

The seller didn't bother to post until three days later, the day before the item was due to arrive. It was not express post.  No communication or explaination.

Heaps of other sellers sell the same item, all priced within a few dollars. A couple of sellers offer free express post.  I feel like the seller I picked just outright lies on his listings to get more sales, with no intention of fulfilling his own dispach timeframes.

So frustrating!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Seller not posting for days

Lol, the item was dogs pyjamas, so yeah, the dog does need to approve. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Seller not posting for days

@imaginary_product wrote:

If sellers are **bleep** they get negative feedback, simple as that.  If they create expectations on their listings to encourage buyers and then don't bother to meet them, of course their buyers will be unhappy.  If they are very slow to post, never send items, send cheap subsititues without asking, or chuck a fit because their auction didn't meet a high enough price for them, then they are going to get negatives.

If you're not a **bleep** seller you shouldn't be worried.  And considering it takes about 1 minute to create an ebay account, the BBL is fairly useless.

Most people wouldn't look at, or are not interested in, the individual sellers involved in transactions, nor really the surrounding circumstances - what they would look at is the frequency someone has a problem with their transactions, because - in general and on average - that says (or at the very least, suggests) plenty enough about a buyer. 

Something like last line in this post goes on to suggests they would be right to think it might not just be a case of frequent bad luck and a penchant for choosing problematic sellers - because if anyone is prepared to create new accounts to try to circumvent a seller's blocks, then they have no respect for other people and their rights at all. Nobody wants to deal with someone that doesn't respect others, regardless of whether they've left a high rate of negs, or none at all in thousands of positives. 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply