Seller not responding but starts case for unpaid

Seller not responding to requests/emails(international transaction). They need to add freight as I can from my side of the transaction. After 5 requests/emails I get an advice stating there is an unpaid transaction against me. I have contacted ebay explaining everything but they have not been really helpful(advise to contact the seller but how can I if thy don't respond to my requests for contact or invoice). As it is a small value item (which I would still like to buy) I don't think spending $$ to try to call if I can get access to their phone. Any help/directions gratefully accepted as I don't know how this will affect my ebay rating. Thanks in advance. targett22

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller not responding but starts case for unpaid

@targett22 wrote:

Seller not responding to requests/emails(international transaction). They need to add freight as I can from my side of the transaction. After 5 requests/emails I get an advice stating there is an unpaid transaction against me. I have contacted ebay explaining everything but they have not been really helpful(advise to contact the seller but how can I if thy don't respond to my requests for contact or invoice). As it is a small value item (which I would still like to buy) I don't think spending $$ to try to call if I can get access to their phone. Any help/directions gratefully accepted as I don't know how this will affect my ebay rating. Thanks in advance. targett22

Hi, have you gone into checkout.....sometimes the freight cost shows  up there.

The time to get a freight cost is really before bidding/buying.

Does the UPI show a freight cost ? If so then problem solved.

Btw how "can" you add freight from your side ?

You really do not need an invoice.....not all sellers send them......just try "Pay Now" & go to checkout.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hi & THANKS for you reply. I have tried 'Pay Now' through Paypal & the freight is not listed & I can't add anything the the total either. International freight costs were on other listings with this seller but not on the item I bought. I asumed my item would be around the same costs as other similat items so placed my bid & won. My numerous request  have gone unanswered, ebay don't have any answers & I don't really know what to do from here (I have never had an unpaid case before). Again, THANKS for trying to help. Regards targett22

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry, I have just reread my original post, it should have read ' can't add freight ' in place of ' can add freight'.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You can pay for the item via paypal then you won't receive a strike on your account for non payment. If the seller then wants to send the item they will need to send another invoice for postage costs. If you pay and they don't send it you can start an item not received case and if they don't send you can get your money back and they will then receive a defect on their account for not sending. you will be able to leave appropriate feedback.

You can do nothing. You will cop a non payment strike on your account and seller gets their sale funds refunded. They are free to relist. You cannot leave feedback.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I would do nothing, the worst that can happen is you will get an unpaid item strike which will almost certainly be removed on appeal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply