Seller now not registered

jsyl8789
Community Member

Sorry if this seems daft, but I've never had to claim a refund. The seller sold me an item a while back and it was fine. I reordered last month and time went by with no sign of the item being mailed. I sent two messages with no reply. I contacted ebay and they said to open a case. I then sent a message to the seller telling them that I'd have to do that if they didn't respond. Now the screen says the seller is no longer registered. I can't find anywhere on Paypal that says 'Item dispute' as stated in the ebay message. When I clicked on 'Dispute a transaction' it took me back to where I started.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How long ago was it that you reordered? You can only start a dispute if it is under 45 days.

If you ordered less than 45 days ago, you will need to find the order number and go to Paypal then follow the directions and put the number in the box. Then you will need to escalate it to a claim.

Latest reply

The item was ordered on 23/09. Ebay said to claim now and I have the number but I can't find 'Item dispute'.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes I see they have changed it a bit since I last had to file a dispute.

Now find the transaction you want to dispute and click on it.

Right down the bottom you will see the writing: If there's a problem with this transaction, you can attempt to resolve it directly with the seller by reporting it in the Resolution Centre within 45 days of the transaction.

Click on the link then tick 'I have a problem with the item I purchased'

You should be able to follow the instructions from there.

Latest reply

Yeah, got it sorted out now, thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply