Seller playing games, saying item out of stock, keeps changing item count!

fotzarella
Community Member

Hi all, I purchased an item from a seller when they put an item on sale ... then they provided me with a tracking number but when i checked the tracking, it said the order had been cancelled. 

So i messaged them and asked why? This part is absolutely ridicules, they said that the shipping label got damaged, and they where going to refund my money to protect my rights ... wth? So anyway, they still had stock of the item, so I said why cant they simply send another item ... about an hour later, they changed the qty in stock to 0 Out Of Stock, then messaged me and said sorry, its now out of sock, do you want a refund?

I didnt answer the message for a day, i just waited ... and sure enough, boom ... they have stock again. So I messaged back and said, well it looks like you have stock again, would you mind re-shipping my item again?

They are refusing to ship my item, I think the reason is they no longer want to sell the item at a discounted price ... 

As a buyer, do I have a leg to stand on? Or I just have to put up with the sellers games? Im not sure if you are allowed to list the sellers name ... but they have 200+ thousand sales ... so of coarse, negative feedback isnt going to be any kind of leverage ... I honestly would have thought with so many sales they would just let the customer have what they paid for, and put the price back up and let 1 item go.

I have never used this forum before, just seeing if its even worth my time trying to get my item or not ...

Thanks in advance

Charlie

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller playing games, saying item out of stock, keeps changing item count!

5kazam
Community Member

I had a similar experience.  Seller was advertising as a pre-purchase.  Est del the 5th of whatever month it was.  Date came and went, so I messaged to be told the items were still on the pallet and staff didn't have the time to unpack.  Noticed also that seller had extended the delivery time by another two weeks.  Those two weeks also came and went.  Messaged again - same answer, still on pallet.....!!   So I asked for a refund.    And I did buy the same item from another seller, and it was here within a few days.

So, IMO you're probably better off just leaving this one go, and find another seller.  With that sort of mucking around, I wouldn't (personally) give the seller the time of day, let alone my money.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply