Seller refuses to communicate

I purchased a keyboard that stopped working within the first three months. I have written to the seller on many occasions, at first they offered a refund that would allow me to buy another keyboard, I thanked them and said that was very nice of them and fair, now they refuse to communicate with me. What can I do? Can I raise a complaint against them with eBay or will I need to go through consumer affairs?

Thanks in advance,

Francine

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you paid by Paypal and it's within 180 days of the purchase date, open a case with their Resolution Centre BUT you must first subscribe to the "limited postage return offer" with them or you will likely have to pay the return postage.

If you didn't pay with Paypal then a credit card chargeback is your other option.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@francine108 wrote:

I purchased a keyboard that stopped working within the first three months. I have written to the seller on many occasions, at first they offered a refund that would allow me to buy another keyboard, I thanked them and said that was very nice of them and fair, now they refuse to communicate with me. What can I do? Can I raise a complaint against them with eBay or will I need to go through consumer affairs?

Thanks in advance,

Francine

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear of your dilemma and obvious frustration. Please be aware that some sellers employ the delay tactic to keep you tied up waiting until the feedback option and claim option IE: Ebay or PayPal have expired.

Best wishes for your success.

BTW: Other advise offered on this thread by another poster is correct and would be the correct path to follow.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@francine108 wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Francine

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear of your dilemma and obvious frustration. Please be aware that some sellers employ the delay tactic to keep you tied up waiting until the feedback option and claim option IE: Ebay or PayPal have expired.

Best wishes for your success.

BTW: Other advise offered on this thread by another poster is correct and would be the correct path to follow.

It's good ' advice ' - and - already given.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply