Seller refuses to contact me regarding faulty goods

I purchased an item which is faulty...the seller now refuses to answer my emails. They asked for a video of the issue which I sent them and thery still refuse to answer my question

I asked for a return but they simply canceled the return...how is this possible that ebay allows faulty goods to be sold and the seller does not have to fix the issue.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

eBay do not know the story unless you open an official dispute. Have you done this?

How long ago was the purchase made?

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

How long ago did you purchase the item?

Can you copy-paste the full title of item here? (Not the item number, nor the seller's name, as these aren't allowed to be posted).

Is the seller registered in Australia, or is it a seller based in China?

Was the item faulty on arrival, or did it only stop working a while after you received it?

Did you open a Not As Described case under eBay's Money Back Guarantee?

EDIT: enigmarbear beat me to it by 1 minute...

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

@bken4878 wrote:

I purchased an item which is faulty...the seller now refuses to answer my emails. They asked for a video of the issue which I sent them and thery still refuse to answer my question

I asked for a return but they simply canceled the return...how is this possible that ebay allows faulty goods to be sold and the seller does not have to fix the issue.

Hi, sorry tHi, sorry to hear of your dilemma. Well, it's 6 plus days now since you posted this. It may be possibe that this is a stalling technique on the part of the seller. Maybe?

Anyway, what you can do  as suggested by nicksonyap

https://www.ebay.com.au/gds/How-to-Obtain-eBay-Buyer-or-Sellers-Phone-Number-/10000000175755944/g.ht...

But go to ebay.com.au instead of ebay.com nicksonyap should have put that in.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_skipfnorm=1&_sofindtype=9

How to Obtain eBay Buyer or Seller's Phone Number
26 Like 26 Likes Comments Comment
Like if this Guide is helpful
Please sign in to like this Guide.
30 July 2013
Quick steps:
1. Go to  https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_skipfnorm=1&_sofindtype=9
2. Enter eBay ID and eBay item number of the member that you have made a transaction with.
3. Click "Search".
4. Check your email inbox of the email address (Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail) associated with your eBay account.
( to know how to get eBay ID and item number,  read steps 1 to 7 under the 'Complete steps' section below)
( if the link given does not work, read the steps under "How to get the 'Find Contact Information' link" section below) 

Shortcut for sellers, quick steps: (may not display phone number always)
1. Go to history of your items sold (Summary or Selling under My eBay, top-right)
2. Find the transaction listed. Click "More actions" and select "View order details" by the right side.
3. Phone number is shown below the address.
(For the complete steps, read steps 1 to 6 under the 'Complete steps' section below)

More info:
You must have made a transaction with that member in order to obtain their number, buying or selling.

Complete steps: (By viewing the order details, mostly works for sellers. If this does not work, read the next one):
01. Go to the home page of the eBay page that is specific to your country. 
    For example: eBay Malaysia is "ebay.com.my", eBay UK is "ebay.co.uk"
02. Sign in.
03. Move your mouse pointer to "My eBay" at top-right part of the webpage then click 'Selling' if you are a seller and 'Purchase History' if you area buyer.
04. A list of transactions made will be shown and look for the transaction which you want the contact information of the buyer or seller.
05. By the right side of that transaction listed, click "More actions" and select "View order details".
06. The phone number of the buyer (not the seller's number, for sellers to see only) will be shown under the address of the buyer.
--- For the sellers, at this point you should successfully obtain the buyer's phone number. If not, keep on reading ---
--- For the buyers, at this point the sellers can get the phone number but buyers will not, so you keep on reading ---
07. You will see the eBay item number under the title of the item sold and eBay ID above the title of the item.
08. Open a new tab or new window on your browser.
09. Go to  https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_skipfnorm=1&_sofindtype=9 (if this link does not work, read the steps under "How to get the 'Find Contact Information' link" section below)
10. Copy the item number and the eBay ID from the webpage just now (View order details) and paste them into the input boxes in the "Find Contact Information" webpage.

11. Click "Search" to submit the information.
12. You will receive the contact information including the phone number of the seller of buyer in your email inbox of the email address (Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail) associated with your eBay account.
13. Done.

How to get the 'Find Contact Information' link:
1. Follow these steps if the link above does not work. Go to the home page of the eBay page that is specific to your country. 
    For example: eBay Malaysia is "ebay.com.my", eBay UK is "ebay.co.uk"
2. Click "site-map" at the top-right part of the webpage.
3. Press CTRL+F in your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) and type in "Find Contact Information" or "contact" in short to search for the correct link.
    The link will be under 'Community > Connect > Find Contact Information' in the Site-map

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

That member is NARU and the info is 6 years old.

That's a long time in ebay world.

I'd be surprised if any of it is relevant.

4channel, if they don't come back, you can't help them.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Thanks for al, the suggestions I am going to follow up with the advice I have been given here and will post back any further put ome

Thankyou Everyone for taking the time to respond

Regards

Liz Kennedy

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Sorry for taking so ling to get back but I am recovering from major surgery.

I am not sure how I actually lodge a dispute or if I even can. 

Looking at the series of contacts it went like this

Purchased  power bank  19/ 11/ 2018

Deliverd with 7 days

Charged power bank

Used the power bank and attempted to recharge early december whilst in hospital but it would not recharge

Upon release from hospital later decmber I contacted seller and also lodged a request for return on the 29th of December

Received email from seller asking me to make a video of the issue and send it to this  email adress, at the same time they closed the return request claiming it was not returnable. After sending the video to them explainign what the issues was they have not even answered this. In attemped to lodge this via ebay system but it will not let me upload video only still photos and as the seller asked for a video and provided an address to do this I followed their instructions only to get no response

I have contacted them several times via ebay and their email, asking what the outcome is. No response at all.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

It is a volume chinese seller - probably with an Australian warehouse. It is unlikely that they will care overmuch.. All of their products are cheap and nasty - as far as all of the powerbanks they sell, some will last for a while most will fail quickly.

You should use the contact seller link - check the not as described option.

A powerbank that does not charge or charge other devices is clearly not as described. You may have to return the item, you do not have to send the seller videos of anything.

If it came from an Australian address you will probably need to return it to there - so that they can sell it to someone else... But do not return it until required to do so,  you will need to send it with proof of postage.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

at any rate someone with better ideas than me will most likely be along at some stage if you wait jsut a little bit 🙂

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

That member is NARU and the info is 6 years old.

That's a long time in ebay world.

I'd be surprised if any of it is relevant.

4channel, if they don't come back, you can't help them.

Well be prepared to be surprised. The OP has come back and the process described in my C&P works if a buyer wants to contact a seller for a recent transaction. Works the same way today as it did 6 years ago. Pop the sellers ID and the transcation number into the field and push the button. The buyer gets the sellers contact number (If provided) and the seller gets the same info on the buyer.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply