Seller refusing to accept paypal - is this common now?

mummymythica
Community Member

Have the rules changed, or do they still have to accept paypal?  I was interested in an item but the seller says sorry, no paypal, I thought they had to accept it (bought elsewhere instead).

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller refusing to accept paypal - is this common now?

Yes they have to accept PP (or Paymate or have CC merchant facility), except for car, boat or business.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

mummymythica
Community Member

I didn't think it had changed, i've just seen it recently on a number of listings.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

They do not have to accept paypal if they offer credit card or paymate payments.

If they offer paypal in the listing then yes they must accept it.

If you have made the purchase then pay with paypal and if they do not have an account it will show as unclaimed next to the payment in you PP account and you can then cancel it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Many sellers are trying to get their buyers to do Direct Deposit so as to avoid PayPal fees.

Of course it's not enforceable, and many long time buyers simply pay with PayPal anyway, all the sellers can do is refund and get reported. Or accept it and send item.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

skinnyshrek
Community Member

There has been alot of scams happening at this point of time and i have been scammed from 2 ppl.. Thankfully i had pay pal otherwise i would of never been refunded..If the seller refuses to use pay pal then that is their problem.. Use it to protect yourself.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply