Seller requesting ID number and Phone number

Community Member

Recently I have won an auction on an item from France. After paying this morning the seller has notified me that he requires ID.no and phone. I have stated that he should have everything he needs to post the item after the transaction on PayPal to which he replied he is unable to send it and has attached document. The postal courier using is La poste colissimo. Any help would be appreciated s-l1600 (1).jpgt that seem to be for shipping.Should I notify eBay and PayPal ?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller requesting ID number and Phone number

Hmm, normally if something is mandatory, it will state so somewhere near the field, either in writing or via an asterisk with a key at the bottom of the page.

I've had a look on the Colissimo / la Poste website, but I can't read (understand) French and not everything gets translated into English via Googe's translate tool, so I can't say for sure if it's mandatory or not.

I did go through the entire online customs declaration form via La Poste with none of that info being mandatory, then realised Colissimo is a different branch, and didn't spot a similar online tool from a quick lookover (the online tool, if available, should make it very clear if the fields are required).

On this page, there is a link to a PDF called "Specifications for the CN23 customs declaration form" which is in English and I scanned through that, but couldn't confirm if what the seller is saying is true, but maybe this will be a good starting point to check into it. 

https://www.colissimo.entreprise.laposte.fr/en/tools-and-services#emballage

Site is best accessed in Chrome for easy, full-page translation

Alternatively, you could try messaging the relevant postal service on Facebook to confirm - I've had cause to message Chronopost a few times (kind of like the French version of Startrack), and received prompt assistance each time.  TBH it sounds like a very strange requirement, considering not all countries have "national IDs", and in quite a few that do, it's not compulsory. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply