Seller selling dangerous item. Can give 240volt shock

I bought an item from a seller who offered me a refund without sending the item back if I removed a negative feedback on the item.

I am an electrician and this item should not be allowed for sale here in Australia as it has pins on the back of the adapter that have 240VAC on them.

It would be fine for USA use as you don't need to use the adapter but for Australian use it is dangerous.

You can't see it in the pictures but the back of the white adpater has two exposed pins on the other side.

I stuck to my principles and left the neg feedback even though the seller offered a full refund. ( I did not recieve a refund)

Now the negative feedback has been removed !

Great.... so one day some poor bugger is going to get a hair razing experiance from this product. And if they hook themselves up the right way maybe even a near death experiance.

Not good enough ebay.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Seller selling dangerous item. Can give 240volt shock

What you mean there are exposed pins with 240v running through them, can not see that in the pics.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

No .. the seller does not show that in his pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_annotate?v=ZOoPhTFYC5E

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kz4l64LluFY

As you can see .. pretty easy to get a shock !

Seller does not care .. he has been informed but still continues to sell them.

If someone dies .. I guess this video will at least get some justice for the victim as I have informed ebay and him that they are dangerous.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry .. first link should have been 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOoPhTFYC5E

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

There are thousands of electrical items sold on ebay, at markets and in cheapo stores which can cause electric shock or start a fire. Ebay cannot police every item listed which may be shonky and especially not just on the say so of a member who could possibly be a rival seller (not that I am saying you are but just giving it as one of the reasons ebay will not just remove listings).

Buyers have to use their brains when buying this type of item, there are enough warnings on TV and in the press that nobody should be risking life and limb uninformed but they prefer to ignore the warnings to save a few bucks.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Of course you are right.

They can't police every item.

But they CAN police this one.

It's dangerous as they have been informed.

So why won't they do the right thing ?

I am a licenecd electrician. I even gave ebay my credentials.

I got a refund from ebay (not the seller) ... so they are even complicit in allowing this seller to continue selling this rubbish.

The seller and ebay will rue the day this kills someone ... all the evidence is now in the public domain.

And no .. I am not a seller ... I am a buyer.

Look at my listings. ..... zero. 

Nor do I have any other accounts or affiliations with sellers.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

No matter what your credentials ebay will not act on your say-so alone.

If you really feel so passionate about it I suggest you report it to some authority and see if they agree with you and will approach ebay.

I have no idea who to suggest but maybe you might have some idea.   Ebay does take notice of someone in authority.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Dept of Fair Trading is the authority that will act on this. They acted on a deadly chainsaw that was on Ebay a while back and shut the seller down quick smart.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply