Seller shipped to wrong address, eBay resolution centre is unhelpful, please help?

khab8199
Community Member

The seller has shipped my item to an incorrect address, the eBay purchase has the correct address but Aus Post shipping was sent to an incorrect address. I have contacted Aus Post and they have stated they sent it to the address provided, leaving the only the seller as the person whose got the address wrong. I have contact the seller and they have been giving me the run around and failing to accept they sent it to the wrong address. When trying to get through the resolution centre, --> item hasn't arrived yet --> item is awaiting collection at a post office, my only option is to contact the seller which I have done and they are less than helpful. How do I go about rasing a case?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller shipped to wrong address, eBay resolution centre is unhelpful, please help?

Thanks, sorry. The photo didn't load when I was reading.

It seems I am still unable to do anything but contact the seller, clicking the Item hasn't arrived link just brings me to the resolution centre and then to the below page, where I am unable to do anything but contact the seller. Frustrating 

Capture.PNG

I think because it is still "In trasnsit" I think I have to wait until its returned to sender to raise a case.

Thank you all for your help, frustrating that the Ebay resolution centre can't help in times like these.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

A seller is required to send to the address specified in the PayPal notification in order to have protection.

Was the correct address in PayPal ?

image host
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

PayPal address is correct, I do have proof of all correct addresses.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Go to AP tomorrow and ask for a print-out of where the item was sent to, if that is not your address in paypal open a dispute with eBay and upload the information to it (take a photo of it to upload it.)

G'day Kopes.    original.gif

Edit. In your purchase history go through the link shown.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks, can do. But how do you open a case with EBay, does anyone have a link. I have gone through the resolution centre, but going through the "item hasn't arrived" only leads me to contact the seller, which I have done. It seems that I am unable to raise a case because the item it "awaiting pickup at local post office"

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Just posted that for you in my previous reply.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks, sorry. The photo didn't load when I was reading.

It seems I am still unable to do anything but contact the seller, clicking the Item hasn't arrived link just brings me to the resolution centre and then to the below page, where I am unable to do anything but contact the seller. Frustrating 

Capture.PNG

I think because it is still "In trasnsit" I think I have to wait until its returned to sender to raise a case.

Thank you all for your help, frustrating that the Ebay resolution centre can't help in times like these.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

It looks to me that it's too early to open a case for INR.

It says if you haven't received it by the 11th then you can open the case.

What is Estimated date of delivery in your purchse history?

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

khab8199
Community Member
It was the 4th November, and it did arrive, but it was the wrong address and has ended up at the post office for collection. I am hoping I can raise a case tomorrow.
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Sorry, but you can't say it arrived if you didn't get it.

You can open a case......or just go to the PO and collect it. (Take ID)

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply