Seller shipping delay

Hi all, Purchased an item 2 weeks ago from Sydney, to be sent to central NSW. After the estimated time for delivery expired, I messaged the seller who, after a couple of days, replied that the delay was due to them moving their factory and they got behind with the orders being dispatched. In their listing they advise that they dispatch only twice a week, which I was aware of, and was ok with, but as they were going to have an extended delay because of moving, it annoys me that their listing wasn't updated to warn buyers of the current situation, allowing them to purchase elsewhere, or go ahead with them, armed with this knowledge. I often see sellers listings being noted with holiday delays etc and I believe this to be the norm, not take our money knowing full well that there will be

an abnormal delay in us getting what we paid for.  I see their FB has only a few negs, but they are all for postage delays. The sale was a couple of hundred dollars, not a huge amount, but I could have used those funds elswhere for a couple of weeks and then ordered from them when they were ready to ship again. Haven't decided wheather to mark down their stars a little, but will see when the item arrives here for my final decition. I must add, when I made my order, it was paid for the day before their stated dispatch day, so I was expecting it to be sent on that agreed day, not two weeks later.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Seller shipping delay

I have one at the moment, Purchased my item on the 17th messaged the seller a few days ago that I didn't have the item (seller is only a few hours up the road) then she informs me she will sort it out in 2 weeks when she gets back from holidays. She still has all other items listed with no holiday notice on those listings. so I have to wait another 2 weeks, 4 weeks in total for an item that should take 2 days max.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

Yes, not good enough is it?  They are on holidays using your money interest free, and mine is using my funds to help move premises. Some forwarning of these delays should be compulsary when shipping times are going to be extended from the usual in the listings.  Some stars will be falling if mine is not here tomorrow, Monday. Might even request a refund just for the dishonesty.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

HBH out of curiosity are you going to mark down stars ect ? She seems pretty casual about it all 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

haven't decided yet, I guess it will depend on her attitude in 2 weeks time

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

Well I think her attitude absolutely sucks and I'd be marking her postage stars at 1 regardless. Whether or not I'd also give her a red dot would depend upon her attitude when she returns from her 4 weeks of leisure.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

Any seller who knowingly delays posting a sold item for 4 weeks must have rocks in their head.

What are they thinking of?

It is one of the worst possible things they could do, especially if they don't bother to inform customers beforehand. Sellers who do that are likely to have item not received cases opened.

To my mind, a lot of problems sellers have can be avoided with proper communication.

If I were going on an extended break and knew I could not post items out, I don't think I would have ads on ebay in that period or if I did have to have them, I would definitely edit them to include info about the delay-seller away till... etc

There are a lot of situations where a buyer will want something for a particular purpose but they won't necessarily tell the seller all that. Maybe in a perfect world they would, but usually they won't see it as necessary, especially if the item, by rights, should arrive in plenty of time anyway.

No seller should take it for granted that an extended wait for an item won't cause a problem.

Personally I would be marking the stars right down in both cases here because of the casual disregard those sellers have for the buyers. It's plain rude.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

Just an update on my issue, still no delivery, today Monday, so have requested a refund of the postage charge at first, as we had to cancel travel plans while waiting delivery. The postage charge was 50% of the item cost, as it was reasonably heavy, and I consider that we have not being given the service that we paid for. If they don't refund the delivery charge, we will be going for a full refund, and if the item ever arrives, they can wear the return freight cost also. Keep you posted.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Seller shipping delay

All corrected, oh well sort of. Seller issued a full refund, probably never posted the item in the first place I would say. Back to square one with our project though, that we were comitted to have finished 2 days ago. There goes another unhappy customer of ours, due to no fault of our own.....again.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply