Seller will not Provide Details on How they would like the item returned?

Any Advice Appreciated. 

I purchased an item that was delivered damage, (the shipping costs are expensive). The buyer has agreed to provide a refund after i made a request, but did not provide details on how they would like the item shipped. As they are responsible for the payment, I wanted them to have input. 

Should I just send the damaged item, in the same packaging, for the cheapest price? How will the costs be reimbursed? Should i cancel the refund request and make a different request? They respond every time asking for pictures of the damage, which i send, then no response (Three occurances so far)

This is what i have asked the seller:

As you are responsible for covering the return postage costs.

Please advise:
- how you would like the damage item packaged.
- if you would like tracked postage on the item.
- how you intend to cover the cost / reimburse me for the postage.

The ebay assistant has been MIA for weeks, and you are unable to ask them to step in for a refund request, 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have you got an eBay MBG or a Paypal case open ?

If not then open one (start with an MBG dispute), you should not be returning any other way, eBay will give you the address to send the item to.

Edit. DO NOT close the dispute until you are satisfied with the outcome - once closed a dispute cannot be reopened.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

You definitely need tracked postage on the item or else the seller could say they never received it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If you have an eBay case open, the seller is given a limited amount of time to provide a return shipping label. If they don't, you can actually ask eBay to provide you with one on the seller's behalf which eBay then charge back to the seller.

Always send returns via a tracked method regardless - eBay will need proof of delivery before they refund you.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

once you have started a return request if the seller hasn't responded after 3 business days go into your email and check for the return request email there should be a button in that email to ask ebay to step in. if you cant find that enter the return request id into the chat bot and will let you know how many days untill you can ask ebay to take action
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply