Seller won't post my items

What to do when a seller doesn't post your item to you.

I have bought two items from the same seller in the past week and I can't get any information from her re postage.

Today I noticed she has removed all other items from her eBay site.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I tend to wait at least a week before worrying  - in the case of multiple items from the same seller, a week from the completion date of the most recent item.

I sell stuff myself, and have found that it's not always possible to post the same day you receive payment - things can crop up and delay shipping for a couple of days from time to time.

You say that you "can't get any information" from the seller - is she not responding to your messages?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You only bought the second item yesterday so perhaps the seller was waiting to post them together.

She has a 2 Business day handling period on her listings - so the item you bought on the 5th February probably didn't get posted until

Monday if she is posting them separately.

She still has one item listed - I think the other listings just finished today rather than her taking them down.

Also some Sellers don't always mark the items as posted the same day they post them. I wouldn't start to panic until later next week if you haven't recieved them by then.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

You wait a suitable amount of time, I allow 10 to 12 days for domestic and 3 to 4 weeks for overseas deliveries then if there is no valid tracking showing where the parcel is I open a dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I tend to wait at least a week before worrying  - in the case of multiple items from the same seller, a week from the completion date of the most recent item.

I sell stuff myself, and have found that it's not always possible to post the same day you receive payment - things can crop up and delay shipping for a couple of days from time to time.

You say that you "can't get any information" from the seller - is she not responding to your messages?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

She didn't know I was going to buy the second item so couldn't have decided to post them together.  I would have been happy to wait for the items if she had answered my emails.

I pay for items immediately I buy them and I post items usually within 24 hours so I expect the same courtesy from others.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

She wasn't replying to my emails which was basically the problem.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

you cant expect everyone to post within 24hrs, when you make a listing you get to select a handling time, i always have a 3 day period on mine. i work fulltime and cant always get to a post office within 24hrs. just because you do it doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I have a 5 day handling time, because I also work and can't always get to the PO within 24 hours. I post within that time frame if I can, but it's not always possible. A lot of sellers still have a regular job, eBay isn't their full time job, so posting has to work in around their regular job. A few times I have posted on my way to work in the afternoon and forgot to mark as posted for a few days.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Three-day handling on my items - as with sheep, I work full-time, and can only get to the nearest post office when doing post or banking for my employer.

And, I don't always mark items as "posted" the day they're sent.

But, a seller who's not responding to e-mails from a buyer who's paid is never good - when feedback time comes, you could always mark the seller low for "How satisfied were you with the seller's communication?" and perhaps "How quickly did the seller post the item?"...

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply