Seller won't refund for item not received. Cost over $200AUD!!!!!!!

I made a request from a seller  from whom I purchased a sculpture from o/seas. Inclusive of postage , which was astronomical, $200AUD. I'm sure he made a bit on the side from this. Apparently sent via the global shipping program, who according to their message made a delivery to me of said item. Very strange, as the item was so called delivered to me at my home when I was not there. I work 5 days a week. I received no delivery card ar any such thing in my post box to advise me to collect a parcel whatso ever. No attempts to contact me at all.

I contacted the seller,  asking to follow up or please refund and his immediate response was to deny either requests. Ebay customer service person/people (what a joke they are), informed me that after careful consideration of the situation have ruled to not issue a refund and as far as they'[re concerned the case/matter is closed. How disgusting is that. It took them all of 2 minutes to come to that decision. The seller has no interest to be helpful to try and recover or track what has occurred here. He has his money, so does ebay, so I guess that's all good then,!!!!!!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Don't blame the seller.....once they have sent the item to the shippers who handle the GSP they no longer have any access to the tracking details.  They cannot help you.

You now have to deal with the GSP and if they have proof of delivery then you will lose the case.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Naming and shaming on the boards is not allowed.

You have named the wrong seller and that is why it's a no-no

As Lyndal says, you now have to deal with Pitney Bowes and the GSP

A good reason why many people will not buy from a seller who uses the GSP

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

You will probably find the item is sitting at one of the local post offices in your area.

I had a parcel sent to me recently, and was supposed to be delivered to the house. Imagine my surprise when I logged on to see the tracking information and it said it was waiting at my post offce - the lazy courier didn't bother to come to the house - they went straight from the depot to the post office, so no card, no contact.

It's worth checking in the post offices in your area to see if they are holding something for you.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

You will probably find the item is sitting at one of the local post offices in your area.

I had a parcel sent to me recently, and was supposed to be delivered to the house. Imagine my surprise when I logged on to see the tracking information and it said it was waiting at my post offce - the lazy courier didn't bother to come to the house - they went straight from the depot to the post office, so no card, no contact.

It's worth checking in the post offices in your area to see if they are holding something for you.

I doubt that a courier would go from the depot to the PO with your parcel.

The only couriers who can deliver to a PO are StarTrack and there is no way the tracking system would allow them to do that.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Why would Star Track be the only couriers delivering to a PO?

My item was sent through Aus Post from QLD and definitely bypassed my house. I could see it on the tracking info.

It showed the item at the depot for delivery that day and a few hours later it was waiting at the PO. No knock on the door, no card, nothing.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Star Track is owned by Australia Post.

Other couriers can deliver to Post offices if they are prepared to pay AP for the priviledge.  The last I heard it was something like $15-$16 and no companies are prepared to pay that.

If it was an AP parcel then it was a contractor, not a courier who delivered it.  It is not unusual for cards to go missing but I can assure you that the AP tracking will not allow an item to go from pickup at the depot direct to the PO.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Yes, it was probably a contractor, but they seem to be a bit of a law unto themselves. 

There is no other way to explain how the guy did not come to our house. We are one of two houses in a quiet laneway and since we work from home, we know that nobody came to the door. Plus there was no card.

Anyway, this is deviating from the OP posting and all I was just suggesting that it might be possible that their parcel is at his local PO and it might be worth their while to check.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply