Seller won't send invoice for combined postage

I recently bought 3 items of clothing from the same seller I have asked for an invoice assuming they would combine them as I do when I sell,I never asked if they combined postage just assumed(hindsight is a good thing).They do not answer any msgs I have sent so it looks like I am up for $27 postage when they would easily fit in a 3kg satchel.I realise they are not obliged to combine postage but I know I would just sounds greedy to me I am thinking as they started the auction at 99c they didn't achieve the price they wanted so maybe don't want to sell them.Any ideas can I cancel the transactions as have had no response from seller but reminders from ebay to pay.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Seller won't send invoice for combined postage

I don't think low ratings are going to matter to the seller anyway. At least looking at my dashboard it doesn't anymore.
Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

How do you class buying three things and expecting combined post and then complaining about no communication when they dont get a reply to that expectation?

I would say an experienced ebayer wouldnt make that assumption before buying. I would say an experienced ebayer would send a message and ask.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Who said negative feedback? Feedback can be given for communication or lack of it and postage costs.. Feedback is for the buyer to give their opinion of the transaction.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

If you have a NPB case closed against you, you won't be able to leave feedback anyway.

If you get in before and end up not paying, the seller can quite legitimately have it removed as no transaction took place.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Firstly I would like to say yes I have paid for the items I had all intentions of doing so no matter what.The seller got back to me about an hour ago apologising for the delay in correspondence and said yes there was no problem combining postage.I at know time demanded she do this I merely asked as well as being cheaper for me I thought it silly she would have to pay 3 postage fees.Yes I am an experienced buyer and seller and just assumed she would do combined postage,I am sure some of you have made mistakes but obviously some of you don't.Thanks for the input anyway.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Firstly I would like to say yes I have paid for the items I had all intentions of doing so no matter what.The seller got back to me about an hour ago apologising for the delay in correspondence and said yes there was no problem combining postage..

How come non of the lynch mob on here even offered  simply delay in responding for whatever reason as a possibility?

Ask once, ask twice in case they missed it, leave until last minute if no response then pay, before suspecting anything sinister

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

Firstly I would like to say yes I have paid for the items I had all intentions of doing so no matter what.The seller got back to me about an hour ago apologising for the delay in correspondence and said yes there was no problem combining postage..

How come non of the lynch mob on here even offered  simply delay in responding for whatever reason as a possibility?

Ask once, ask twice in case they missed it, leave until last minute if no response then pay, before suspecting anything sinister

You beat me to it, the seller may of been sick, family emergency, loss of internet, fire, floods, whatever, it's outrageous to even mention feedback without having the facts.Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

@lane-ends wrote:

@jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

You beat me to it, the seller may of been sick, family emergency, loss of internet, fire, floods, whatever, it's outrageous to even mention feedback without having the facts.Smiley Frustrated

Not to mention it's the weekend......

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Robin wrote:

lane-ends wrote:

jimmyjoejoe_jnr wrote:

You beat me to it, the seller may of been sick, family emergency, loss of internet, fire, floods, whatever, it's outrageous to even mention feedback without having the facts

----------------------------------------------

I don't know I would call people here a lynch mob but if you find it so, then I think you have to accept it for what it is, a normal cross section of ebay users. If you want to put buyers offside, then big delays in anything-communication, posting etc-is ging to do it because it makes buyers anxious and annoyed.

I am sure that occasionally there are genuine reasons for delays. But the reality is if you aren't hearing back from a seller,  it's pretty unlikely to be because of fire, flood or them being carted off to hospital or whatever. I'm not saying it never happens, just that the odds are against it.

People know that.

And buyers have a right to expect that 99% of the time, a seller should be monitoring their ebay sales.

I'm not one of those people who expect a seller to be on a mobile every second or anything. I think 2 days is a reasonable time to allow for a reply but any longer smacks of incompetence.

The point is, unless a seller answers questions or communicates, a buyer can't possibly know the facts, they are left in limbo & they can only give feedback based on their buying experience. And quite frankly, if a seller doesn't answer a query at all or ignores multiple messages, then you can't expect them to be marked high in the communication area.

This current seller in question-it seems he came back, did reply, apologised for the delay, so the problem is cleared up.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Should sellers be expected to reply to messages on the weekend?

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply