Seller wont provide return address details

otttovw
Community Member

I bought a pair of motorcycle mirrors and when they arrived they simply didn't fit the model of motorcycle that the description said they would (not even close).  I initiated the return process and posted to the senders address that was marked on the original package which I then put in the return parcel and sent via Australia Post complete with tracking number.

I tracked the item and noticed that it was stuck in Malaga in WA and not moving.  After some time I spoke with Australia Post and they said that there is a problem reading the return address.  I can only assume that it was damaged somehow, they didn't elaborate but if I could tell them the address again they could correct/update it over the phone and get it on its way.  The problem is that I no longer had the return address because it was enclosed within the parcel I sent on the original wrapping.

I have been trying to get the return address from the seller, who is obviously avoiding answering the question and wont provide the return address for some unknown reason, I have asked the question 4 times and made it blatantly clear that I need the return address all to no avail.

I tried to get ebay to intervene but I dont have the option to request the intervention since the status of the parcel shows as "in transit" and the option just doesn't appear for me to select.  I seem to be between a rock and a hard place.  How do I proceed with this issue to have it resolved?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

check the Paypal payment?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ebay should be able to provide the seller's details.

Have them call you is the best option

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/call_me?initFrom=BROWSE

Scroll tothe bottom of the page for that option.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay wont let sellers provide their return address in a message. 

It appears your message contains contact or payment information which is not allowed under our Member-to-member contact policy. For the safety of our users, we require that all communication remain on the eBay platform.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The person asked in 2019

And has already been answered 

In 2024, is a seller wants an item that was not as described, the seller has to provide a return postage label 

Nothing to do with giving an address in an eBay message

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply