Seller wont provide shipping cost! Says look it up on website

When buying items and you get message stating "contact seller for postage blah blah" . I am at present trying to buy item but when I told seller "Well you will have to provide shipping cost for me" all they said was "look it up on website" that is ridiculous.. Seller is from USA.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I would look at other sellers to buy from with an attitude like that.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Usually that message comes up if a seller hasn't provided a shipping cost to a particular country which probably means they are not really interested in selling to Australia.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Then got an email from seller today saying I cant ship you anything at present because I would have to use ebay global shipping program to send you the items. Thats pathetic.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Michelle, The seller obviously doesnt want to be bothered with International postage, ( which is their decision to make ) as it can be more complicated and there are much greater ( and more expensive ) risks if the item is lost or damaged in transit. Just look for another seller who is keen to look after their customers and is happy to post Internationally. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I just looked at some of the same sellers other items and about 3/4 of items have postage cost to Australia and the rest don't. Bother. Whats the difference none as far as I can see. Probably ebays fault.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe the items without postage cost to Australia are more expensive ( if lost ) or larger items which may be too expensive to post to International clients.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Email the selling telling them that you have calculated postage to Australia as costing $5.00 and would they please verify that amount before you bid on the item.

If that doesn't get them to give you the correct postage then shop elsewhere.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply