Sellers bidding on their own auctions

wallet_inspectior
Community Member

Why are some dishonest sellers still allowed to bid on their own auctions from a seperate account while Ebay allow it to happen.

There have been several incidences over the past few weeks and is prompting me to close my account and shop elsewhere.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

wallet_inspectior
Community Member

I am unsure if they do not take fraud seriously or just don't have the means to investigate claims thoroughly.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

How on earth can you have such evidence ?

Post some item numbers here for others to look at.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I know it happens some times but how do you know which one has shill bidders? I suppose if an auction has a couple of bidders with zero then yes maybe.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Before you start accusing anyone, you need to offer what proof you have. Is it just that you aren't winning any of the auctions and are feeling a bit disgruntled? Someone bidding on all of someone's auctions does not consitute shill bidding. For many months now I have been buying from one seller. They generally list around 20 auctions a month (on top of over 2,000 fixed price listings). It's not uncommon for me to win all their auctions if I am interested in all of them. If you look at my bid history it would show a high bid rate and 100% bids with that seller. Maybe you are bidding on the same auctions as me and don't like that I'm winning them?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@wallet_inspectior wrote:

Why are some dishonest sellers still allowed to bid on their own auctions from a seperate account while Ebay allow it to happen.

There have been several incidences over the past few weeks and is prompting me to close my account and shop elsewhere.

I'm sure it happens but it would be hard to prove if the people are using different computers or devices at different locations.

If you suspect it, stop bidding and wait till really close to the end of an auction.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you are not happy with the response from ebay after forwarding them your proof of shill bidding, perhaps contact ACORN,showing them your proof and ask their advice on what can be done 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply