Sellers blocking buyers

I have had two sellers block me from buying from them just recently for no apparent reason. Anybody else having the same problem? It would be nice and courteous for the seller to let you know beforehand before you go ahead and try and do a purchase. Not happy.
Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Sellers blocking buyers

It could be the same as me,You have put a bid on an item and that company trades under 5 or 6 different names,so the rest of their companies automatically block you from bidding on the same or similar items.it wasn't moving head lights per chance was it

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

I did contact one of the sellers who had me blocked and she wasnt too sure why it was blocked but kindly tried to remove it but it didnt work. I have spoken to ebay about it and they said its sellers discretion to remove it so who in the hell do you believe??????
Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

Michelle, if you have been caught on a seller's automatic blocks they cannot lift that block for one buyer.  The seller would have to put you on their exemption list so you could bypass the auto block.

Ebay is correct...it is up to the seller who they block...they can have their automatic blocks in place and/or they can block a specific buyer by adding them to their Blocked Bidders List.

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

I just had a seller block me because I bought a DVD paid postage but he chose to deliver it and give me postage fee back I didn't ask or expect him to so I don't think I would buy off a arrogant REMOVED blocking me for something he chose to do its absurd plus the DVD was way overpriced but was my 1st eBay buy now I'm not so dumb

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

It's there lose I could of bought many things of him in future but I won't just coz of his decision. I would rather pay $5 more to sellers that are reasonable
Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

Wow....you get yourself blocked because you bought from an honest seller.

You actually pay to have your item delivered to you.  Your seller did just that, and gave you a refund on the postage even though he would have had some outlay to do the delivery himself. 

And you call the seller unreasonable?

I am sure there are a lot of sellers here who will be very interested in your post....it gives them a chance to block you before you can trash any more selling accounts.

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

@jizze_92 wrote:
I just had a seller block me because I bought a DVD paid postage but he chose to deliver it and give me postage fee back I didn't ask or expect him to so I don't think I would buy off a arrogant REMOVED blocking me for something he chose to do its absurd plus the DVD was way overpriced but was my 1st eBay buy now I'm not so dumb

Um, next online shopping expedition see if you can find a good deal on a pack of assorted punctuation marks.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

I just have to ask, did you look at the last date of posting on this thread?  Please check dates before dragging up an old one.  If you have a problem, please start a new one.

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

It is my experience that most of them block you after they sell you a defective item and you ask for money back, especially if they then try to argue with you about it or mislead you regarding your consumer rights and you won't take their BS. It SHOULD be illegal to refuse service to someone for insisting on their rights under law. Unfortunately, it isn't currently.  Australia  needs stronger antidiscrimination laws and Ebay need to have better policies on refusal of service that disallow this. Currently, the law and ebay are just playing into the hands of dishonest retailers who seek their revenge on buyers for enforcing their consumer rights!

Message 30 of 34
Latest reply