Sellers location incorrect

I have purchased an item with location listed as Sydney. This is a scam as I have incurred an overseas penalty on the fee as it is in fact located in China. False information by the seller.

This is widespread and needs stopping. I was alerted by the sales note which listed a very long delivery time.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You probably should have done some research before buying - it clearly states in the sellerrs profile that they are in China, and they have a bad feedback score. Maybe not the best seller to buy from.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

If you care to look on the boards that this very thing has been brought up many many times.  It certainly is nothing new.  Do your due diligence as said before you do your shopping.  It only takes a moment to check feedback and where seller is registered.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

It is not a scam , Seller's location clearly states CHINA

And there were several warning signs right there but you bought from them anyway

AND the estimated delivery date is clearly shown on the listing

It is widespread and it DOES need stopping

So stop buying off sellers registered in China with horrid feedback and many red dots for lying about sending from Australia

VERY SIMPLE 

165 negs in the past month alone, I would not have given them one sent even if they were in Australia 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You probably should have done some research before buying - it clearly states in the sellerrs profile that they are in China, and they have a bad feedback score. Maybe not the best seller to buy from.

Latest reply

If you care to look on the boards that this very thing has been brought up many many times.  It certainly is nothing new.  Do your due diligence as said before you do your shopping.  It only takes a moment to check feedback and where seller is registered.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

It is not a scam , Seller's location clearly states CHINA

And there were several warning signs right there but you bought from them anyway

AND the estimated delivery date is clearly shown on the listing

It is widespread and it DOES need stopping

So stop buying off sellers registered in China with horrid feedback and many red dots for lying about sending from Australia

VERY SIMPLE 

165 negs in the past month alone, I would not have given them one sent even if they were in Australia 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

My bad. I normally do check pretty thoroughly but this one slipped through as I just looked and it said item location Sydney. You can bet I wont get caught again !! Not a lot of money involved but lesson learnt.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

The item may be sent from a warehouse in Sydney. Some of their listings say they will give a refund if not received within 10 business days

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I totally get that though. It's one of the big frustration points for me, in that when I'm searching for items specifically in Australia, I still get a load of China drop shipping listings coming up. If I wanted to buy directly from China (and often I do), then I will filter my searches as such. Drop shipping is not the same as local shipping - usually it's still making a trip from China to Australia first, and (on the items I purchase) very rarely are they in an Australian warehouse.

It would be very nice if eBay could fix this somehow, as it makes searching that much more difficult for some items.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Stuff this bull**bleep** about doing your homework, these scammers need to weeded out of eBay.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@vk3xem wrote:

Stuff this bull**bleep** about doing your homework, these scammers need to weeded out of eBay.

The only way that will happen is if buyers stop buying from them

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

If you can't be bothered checking on who you are buying from before you by,that is your choice

eBay are not going to do anything about these sellers when buyers choose to support them by buying from them over and over 

Stop supporting the buggers and they won't have the money pouring in

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply