Sellers please notice that a PARCEL LOCKER can take a PARCEL only rather than an envelop

Dear Sellers,

I use a PARCEL LOCKER to receive items bought on Ebay. Please notice that a PARCEL locker can ONLY receive items packed and posted as a PARCEL.If you, sellers, post the items in an ENVELOP as a LETTER, please contact me (buyer) to get an address for letter only. Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Sellers please notice that a PARCEL LOCKER can take a PARCEL only rather than an envelop

I am afraid that posting here is very unlikely to reach a seller you actually buy from

It would be far better for you to contact the seller you are buying from prior to purchase and request this

It is not responsibility of sellers to scan the forum every day (or more often) to check for requests that a potential buyer may have, and then to remember the requests of every single buyer who may or may not buy (and especially given many,many sellers are simply 'regular people' and not huge stores with a number of staff

Very unfair and unrealistic to have such expections based on posting on the community help forum

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is not up to the seller to know what address you want your items sent to.

If you are buying small items then I suggest you give an address where it can actually delivered.

Are you aware that these days the postmen carry quite large items.....sometimes too big for ordinary letter boxes but still posted at letter rate so not delivered to Parcel Lockers.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Forgot to add, sellers must post to the address the buyer has provided in Paypal, so make sure that is set to the address you want each and every purchase to go to before you pay

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

+1 kudos for at least being aware of the limitations of the service you're using. I've lost count of the number of buyers who aren't.

-1 kudos for (apparently) providing a potentially undeliverable address to sellers anyway, and expecting them to both know what you already do, and chase after you about it.

I am speaking as a seller who sends predominantly letters, and I make it abundantly clear parcel locker / collect addresses can't be accepted (at least, to anyone who actually reads my descriptions, because it's displayed at the top of every single one of my listings in big, bold writing). Not only are my items very small, my postages costs are also around the $3 mark - clearly not anywhere near enough to cover parcel costs, and yet.... I am constantly having to message buyers to advise them I can't post to their (locker / collect) address, waiting for replies to sort it out, or canceling orders because I don't get a reply. (Then there are the ones who act like I'm just arbitrarily choosing not to post to the address, and get mad at me about it - I started including a screenshot of the T&Cs with my messages because of it....but really, I have better things to do than explain over and over again how the service a buyer chooses to use actually works, and / or make alternative arrangements with them). 

Not all of the above is applicable to you, granted, because you do know, just the bits where you expect the seller to do everything about it. If something is posted from within Australia, small / thin, cheap, or has post costs under $5, please assume it's going as a letter and simply don't provide the locker address. If unsure, contact the seller before buying. Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

The day eBay allows me to just block parcel locker / collect address like sellers can with PO box addresses, if it ever comes, is the day I will be a deliriously happy seller, at least for an hour or two. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Well, I have sent dozens of letters to parcel lockers and so far, no problem, all have been delivered to the locker and collected by the buyer.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@yeoldecoinco wrote:

Well, I have sent dozens of letters to parcel lockers and so far, no problem, all have been delivered to the locker and collected by the buyer.

Are you sure about that? 

What's supposed to happen is that they get redirected to whatever alternative address the buyer has on file, or sent to the nearest post office for collection, usually adding an extra couple of days to the delivery time - it could be your packages had a better success rate than mine, for whatever reason.

I know that what happened in 50% of the ones I sent (and what prompted me to refuse to send to these addresses) was the packages being redirected to a post office and the buyer never being notified of a package awaiting pick-up,  they'd sit around for 10 days before finally being RTS. Meanwhile I'd get the "where's my item?" message while it was taking the scenic route back to me. One even came back with AP trying to get me for return postage on a parcel - thankfully I have a pretty good relationship with the staff at my PO and they waived it. 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I've sent a few letters to parcel locker addresses and never had a problem. I've asked two or three people whether letters will be a problem and always got satisfactory replies so I just post without asking questions now.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

A 50% fail rate means I won't ever send a letter to them again - that does mean that the other 50% seemed to arrive ok, but I wouldn't even attempt to work with a 20% fail rate (sample size is relatively small, about 20 letters but large enough to not want to risk it again).  

I'm assuming the OP has also experienced problems receiving letters, either to the locker or to their alternative address, so it probably depends on the location and mood of the staff dealing with it, which happens all to often.  

If you send to a parcel locker or collect address and create a postage label through My Post, you can't create the label without adding an email address (something which I would prefer not to do), as it's required for notifications (I assume), but it's an automated system thing, so putting an email address on a letter won't help. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Well you are indeed very lucky, but also running a great risk!

When we did send "letter" type items to a Parcel Locker 7 out of 10 would get through, but 3 knocked back by AusPost for delivery.  Rather, the envelope was just marked RTS.

The time between posting, and the item being returned could be up to 3 weeks, in the meantime the buyer opens an INR case and the drama begins.

We no loncger post "letter" items to a Parcel Locker, or Parcel Collect address - makes life much simpler.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply