Sellers please notice that a PARCEL LOCKER can take a PARCEL only rather than an envelop

Dear Sellers,

I use a PARCEL LOCKER to receive items bought on Ebay. Please notice that a PARCEL locker can ONLY receive items packed and posted as a PARCEL.If you, sellers, post the items in an ENVELOP as a LETTER, please contact me (buyer) to get an address for letter only. Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Sellers please notice that a PARCEL LOCKER can take a PARCEL only rather than an envelop

As a seller I have had only bad luck and double cost of resending etc (my choice because I never leave a buyer upset) over sending envelopes to parcel collect addresses.

It was explained to me that if the parcel post office address is free then they wonโ€™t accept letters only packages. I believe that the buyer can have a paid service where letters are accepted. This might be why some letters do go through for some transactions.

Also I have had buyers who themselves had no idea letters couldnโ€™t be delivered etc so it can be a grey upsetting issue for both sides.

These days I do not send to these addresses. However it took a few bad experiences until I even discovered this was a thing.

I hope that sellers get to find out about this because it will help everyone on eBay imo.
Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: Sellers please notice that a PARCEL LOCKER can take a PARCEL only rather than an envelop

Well it's been nearly 2 years since this thread started, so I think the message has got across, so don't get any more upset.... move on to a newer problem.
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

You can block these addresses now, unfortunately I never got that deliriously happy moment because it was lumped in with the block on PO boxes, and not only can I post to those without issue, but I have a lot of customers who use them.

sigh

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Items sent to parcel lockers that can't be left in parcel locker like a letter will be sent to the customers home address listed with Australia post so as a customer make sure you aus post home address is correct

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

It has been 2 years since this thread saw the light of day.  Is there a reason why you have brought it up now?

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Apparently it is felt so many people don't know their current address, it needs to be addressed 

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

It is often buyers who are the issue.

Anything I send as a letter is clearly shown as that in the listing. If the buyer provides me with a Parcel Locker, that's where I send it. I'm certainly not going to waste my time contacting them, waiting a few days for a nil response and posting to the address they gave me anyway.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

By default, our address in ebay is my Parcel Collect address. Every now and then Mr S&D buys something that is coming as a letter, and like a Parcel Locker, Parcel Collect doesn't do letters. Each time, I've received an email from AP saying the letter will be redirected to my residential address. Never had an issue with delivery.

I expect the it would be the same with your customers that have a Parcel Locker address for a letter. Therefore, you'd just be wasting your time messaging them and then hoping they might get around to replying within the next 6 weeks! I certainly wouldn't be messaging them, that's for sure.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply