Sellers should put "Registered Post" as option for buyers

As i have had problems with mail in the past not showing up, i have learned to get all my purchases sent to me via registered post. 
Problem with Ebay tho, is that most sellers do not list items with the option of registered post. So, you gotta send an email asking if they will send it and how much via registered post, and wait for an answer. If you buy, then you have to send a payment request to the seller, and wait again for the invoice. So, the waiting time in most cases, is absurd. Some sellers, i have found, i waited for over a week for a reply. Which in the meantime, i brought from another seller, but i had to send them a email asking the same thing and waiting for reply yet again. 
Ebay should make it compulsory for all sellers to list all options available to buyers in regards of postage. I have asked Ebay directly, but they just sent a whole page worth of reading,  to which i just deleted, which basically just said no!
Sellers might find they would sell more products if they done this. 
If it's pickup only, then fair enough. Im just gettin tired of sending emails out, waiting for replies and not receiving items if i dont find out about registered post. It's almost useless on here now. Years ago, sellers gave the options and extra prices in listings for registered post, but have gotten slack over the years. 
Anyway, i thought of putting this out there, hopefully you all agree with this, and Ebay sees you agree then they might change it to make it better for us buyers

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Sellers should put "Registered Post" as option for buyers

@colleenk4324 wrote:

There you are, happy nowSmiley Happy

*warm smile*

Thank you

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Please don't inflate her ego any further than it currently is.

Don't think that went unnoticed.....

*smirk*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies guys.

If they have made it a regular thing that our parcels are delivered by registered post, that is a good thing. But, something wrong with it then if i failed to receive a parcel sometime ago. If they are sending by reg post, then sod should be with it, 
But either way, i think Ebay should make it so sellers offer ALL options for buyers, so us buyers can make it easier to what suits us, is what i was meaning. I mean, think of it this way, a seller lists an item with ALL different options, we dont have to wait around for a week or more for some sellers to get back to us about extra costs, etc, as it is already listed for us to choose, the other thing is, if it is not listed, we gotta wait till we get a reply. 

Also, sod, i have noticed, is never listed on items. 

Im aware it might not suit some people as they cant always get to a post office, but, then, depending on the size of the parcel, you gotta go in anyway, but at least, if ALL options ARE listed, then you can pick which one you want, dont have to wait for replies. 

Someone mentioned even tho parcels are being sent by reg post is a regular thing, it still dont mean we are covered. I agree, if they aus post is or has made it a regular thing, why isnt sod with it? ALSO why dont they make it offical by send a pamphlet out explaining this to everyone. Not everyone will know of the changes. I wasnt. 
Overall, i think this would be a huge improvement, with like 5 extra seconds for sellers to list every option or at least reg post and sod servces, compared to that of us buyers asking about extra costs and waiting weeks on end 🙂

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

if ALL options were availble, you could still choose what suits you, but if someone wanted it sent by sod and reg post, they could choose that option too. No time lost to anyone. Compared with asking a seller and waiting for a week for a reply, which seems to happen all but to often, it takes them no time at all to make such a small chnge in their listing. 

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Registered and/or SOD is really for the sellers' protection. I don't expect my buyers to pay for my peace of mind for low value items. If the item is worth enough, that cost is built into the price and I will pay the extra few cents in FVF. Same with insurance. Btw there is no registered post for parcels any more. It is SOD PLUS Extra Cover to get what registered used to buy.

I generally use C&S satchels, which give me Paypal seller protection. But they have (supposedly) full tracking to the recipient's door, so if they didn't arrive I would be actively and aggressively pursuing Australia Post about it.

I don't offer express postage. I can't see the point of it for what I sell, and it would normally be an extra day for me to post as i don't keep a supply of Express Post satchels or envelopes on hand. Which tends to negate the point of express, anyway. I have had one (recent) request for express in four and a half years, so it is not a norm for book buyers to request.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@starymidnite76 wrote:

if ALL options were availble, you could still choose what suits you, but if someone wanted it sent by sod and reg post, they could choose that option too. No time lost to anyone. Compared with asking a seller and waiting for a week for a reply, which seems to happen all but to often, it takes them no time at all to make such a small chnge in their listing. 

The point I was trying to make is that some sellers are not prepared to offer those services at all, and they should not be forced to offer them. All options are available for a seller to select when they create a listing, and sometimes registered / SOD is not offered intentionally, which means a seller does not want to give the buyer the option to select it.

I agree that it is not good customer service to have a week pass without responding to messages, and I can understand the frustration if few sellers seem to offer the services you want or need without being requested specifically, but your suggestion sounded like you wanted all sellers to have to provide registered / SOD options whether they can or want to or not, and that just isn't feasible.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@starymidnite76 wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys.

If they have made it a regular thing that our parcels are delivered by registered post, that is a good thing. But, something wrong with it then if i failed to receive a parcel sometime ago. If they are sending by reg post, then sod should be with it, 
But either way, i think Ebay should make it so sellers offer ALL options for buyers, so us buyers can make it easier to what suits us, is what i was meaning. I mean, think of it this way, a seller lists an item with ALL different options, we dont have to wait around for a week or more for some sellers to get back to us about extra costs, etc, as it is already listed for us to choose, the other thing is, if it is not listed, we gotta wait till we get a reply. 

Also, sod, i have noticed, is never listed on items. 

Im aware it might not suit some people as they cant always get to a post office, but, then, depending on the size of the parcel, you gotta go in anyway, but at least, if ALL options ARE listed, then you can pick which one you want, dont have to wait for replies. 

Someone mentioned even tho parcels are being sent by reg post is a regular thing, it still dont mean we are covered. I agree, if they aus post is or has made it a regular thing, why isnt sod with it? ALSO why dont they make it offical by send a pamphlet out explaining this to everyone. Not everyone will know of the changes. I wasnt. 

the pamphlet is available free of charge over the counter at any post office, and a Poster was up on every PO wall in the weeks coming up to the change (in April, 2013)

Overall, i think this would be a huge improvement, with like 5 extra seconds for sellers to list every option or at least reg post and sod servces, compared to that of us buyers asking about extra costs and waiting weeks on end 🙂

there is NO Registered post available on parcels, just parcels with tracking and parcels with signature on delivery

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply