Sellers who dont leave feedback

Don't bother buying anything from seller REMOVED if you expect to get any sort of communication or feedback - you won't, he's JUST in it for the money. Common courtesy he has not 😞

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Most people sell for money. I certainly do. I haven't found a market for my feedback, even as a seller. As buyers' feedback is purely a count of how many sellers left feedback, what does it matter? You have more than enough to avoid any blocks.

As a seller, I would be lucky to get feedback 40% of the time. I certainly don't block buyers who don't leave it. Nor sellers, if the goods are as described and posted in a reasonable time. I don't, and nor should you, use feedback to me as a yardstick on whether to deal with a member.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

A huge number of buyers also choose not to leave feedback

Apparently it's 'too hard'

Or something

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Feedback is voluntary. And as dave said, means nothing as a buyer.

We coped quite well before it came to being.

BTW can't name n shame on the boards, it's against the rules.

image host
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I don't buy from any seller in order to get feedback for the sale or have a penfriend.  I would be more inclined to give them 5 stars if they do not bombard me with unnecessary messages.

In fact, ebay encourages sellers not to send messages by giving them an automatice 5 stars for communication if there are no messages between buyer and seller.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Seller A sells a gizmo for $20 including delivery but rarely leaves feedback.

Seller B sells a gizmo for $22 including delivery but always leaves feedback.

Going by your advice I should buy from seller B.

Fortunately I am not numpty enough to pay $2 for a little green dot on my computer screen.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@*pecker*head* wrote:

Don't bother buying anything from seller REMOVED if you expect to get any sort of communication or feedback - you won't, he's JUST in it for the money. Common courtesy he has not 😞

You have left Negs or neutrals for sellers at an average rate of one in every 25 transactions. 4% is a fairly high rate of problem buys. If 4% of an individual sellers transactions ended in tears, they would not be selling on ebay for very long.

Maybe sellers are just not game to exchange feedback with you.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

As a seller I always leave positive feed back as soon as the buyer has paid.
As a buyer can do no more once he has won the item than to pay.
Some sellers wait until the buyer leaves feed back first.
Can not understand this logic, as no matter what feed back the buyer leaves the seller in regard to the transaction the seller must be happy after payment.
If the buyer is unhappy in any way the seller can work to fix the problem, maybe a refund, a follow up with the shipping company etc.
But any of these problems are not the buyers problem so can not alter the positive feed back given.
If I am the buyer and do not receive feed back first I never leave feed back for the seller.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Sorry robbo but you need to read your post again lol because it is totally the opposite of what you said.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Some sellers wait until the buyer leaves feed back first.
Can not understand this logic, as no matter what feed back the buyer leaves the seller in regard to the transaction the seller must be happy after payment.

A couple of reasons I do this.

Firstly once the seller leaves feedback, the transaction disappears from all reminders in eBay. And I like to have it as a reminder so I can see if there are potentially any items not arrived yet.

Secondly if I have total tool leaving bad feedback for no reason or because they don't understand eBay, I would prefer my shining feedback of them doesn't stand.

Finally I think it good customer service to follow the transaction all the way to the end, afterall it is not complete until the buyer has received the item and is satisfied. I find many sellers think their service is complete once the item has been sent in effect wiping their hands. Not moi.

image host
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply