Sendle troubles in rural areas

why has Ebay gone down the path of pushing Sendle as a prefered carrier over Australia post ?

Sendle may be cheaper but the last time i had something sent by a new Ebay seller to me Via Sendle because Ebay paushed them at the seller it took over a month to get the item......i actuall purchased another item from the same seller a week later and asked the seller to send via Aust post and i got the second one two weeks before the first !!

now i have just purchased an iten from Victoria to come to Lithgow NSW and the listing only showed postage to Asutralia....POSTAGE to me is Australia post not Sendle....doesnt even sound close to postage.....and now i am going to have to wait over a month again for this item.......SENDLE....WHAT A JOKE !!!....might be good capital city to capitla city ......but out here in the real world you might have well place it on the ground and let continetal drift deliver it to you.....

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why has Ebay gone down the path of pushing Sendle as a prefered carrier over Australia post ?

Because they get a cut from both AP and Sendle.

Presumably the cut from Sendle is greater, and, as Sendle provide similar value for money (ie they are cheaper for a reason), eBay end up with more by pushing Sendle.

Your real issue is with sellers who choose the cheapest available postage, most of whom are unlikely to pass their savings onto their customers.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I would always ask a seller to send by AP if I was concerned.  If they say no, go elsewhere

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I am also rural NSW.  
I absolutely refuse to accept sendle as a postage option. 
I will contact seller and ask if they would post via AP and whatโ€™s the cost, and I tell them why.  

I recently went through all this, purchased the item, seller STILL marked it with a sendle trackingโ€ฆ.. I emailed the seller with utter frustration (which I later apologised for) โ€ฆ.. she apologised too, cancelled and relisted for me to buy again.  It arrived within 3 days with AP tracking and I left glowing feedback, plus emailed her to say it arrived.  Tbh, Iโ€™m probably on her BBL, so be it. 
I just wonโ€™t buy stuff if they continue to use sendle.  

If you donโ€™t have the item by the last date of the expected delivery date, open an Item Not Received case through eBayโ€™s Money Back Guarantee.  If you get stuck, come back here. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply