Sent faulty Item and can't return for 2 months

Help!

I've was sent faulty sandals. Brand new but the right one doesn't appear to have any glue in it and is falling appart. Contacted the seller who stoped contacting me after a few exchanges without resloving anything. So I asked ebay to step in who asked me to return the sandals by Feb 21st but I'd brought the shoes for a trip on the othe side of the world and don't have the facities to return the shoes until I return in two months time.
What do I do?

Thanks all
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Sent faulty Item and can't return for 2 months

@designers*n*more wrote:

It's 18 months to open a dispute with Paypal isn't it?

Six months or 180 days.

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@miss-sylvester wrote:
Thank you can I start that process now? I have pictures showing that they arrived to me in a bad condition bit have worn them a few times ad I auve nothing else with me

If they arrived in a bad condition why did you take them with you?  If they looked like they'd fall apart then surely you would have taken something else that was less risky.  

@ springyzone...  I once took only one pair of shoes to England for a month's long holiday but I made sure before I left home that they were comfortable enough to wear all day every day and were in perfect condition.  The next time I went I got really extravagant and took one pair in my luggage as well as the ones on my feet.  I also took three spare sets of clothing instead of the usual two.  Smiley Happy

Yes, it can be done.Smiley Happy But shoes are readily available in England if you had needed any.

I guess my main point was the disconnect between the two statements "Nothing else to wear" and 'have had to wear them sometimes' (or words to that effect.) So I suspected there actually had to be a second pair in the wings somewhere.Smiley Happy

I think the solution the buyer has come to-to go directly to the manufacturer-is probably the best one in the circumstances.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

springy, if you read back through the posts you'll see she's contradicted herself a few times.  I can't be bothered re-reading it all but I think you'll find she said she checked them when she got them and they were fine, but later she said she has photographic evidence that they were faulty when she received them.  She can't be telling the truth in both of those statements.

How does the manufacturer know that she didn't take the photos after she'd worn them and wrecked them.  I've been quite tempted to email the seller and tell them to read this thread.  It's easy to see who the seller was.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

It amazing how argumentative people are on here, I have pictures of the sandals brand new, as I was in a rush and trusted that I wouldn't need to inspect if the glue was present through out in both shoes. The brand new pictures show photos of the shoes tops and bottom including stickers and no wear. I don't understand why people on here love being horrible rather than helpful. I'm not the best at writting and apologize that I have upset some by what must be a poor explanation and that you have been so deeply moved by this subject comments that aren't necessary are being posted.
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@miss-sylvester wrote:
It amazing how argumentative people are on here, I have pictures of the sandals brand new, as I was in a rush and trusted that I wouldn't need to inspect if the glue was present through out in both shoes. The brand new pictures show photos of the shoes tops and bottom including stickers and no wear. I don't understand why people on here love being horrible rather than helpful. I'm not the best at writting and apologize that I have upset some by what must be a poor explanation and that you have been so deeply moved by this subject comments that aren't necessary are being posted.

I'm sorry you feel under attack, I think mainly people were trying to get it clear exactly what the circumstances were.

If it helps, I have always believed it that you can get shoes that at first glance seem perfect but aren't. My daughter bought some wedding shoes (which she had tried on at a normal store), and was so happy, only to find when she got home and paraded around in them, that one shoe squeaked. Took them back the next week and they gladly refunded as they said it was a manufacturing fault. Unfortunately they had no more so my daughter had to start over again.

So i know it can happen and no, you should not have to double check the glue in each shoe.

I don't think anyone had any problem with the idea that you should be able to exchange faulty shoes but where people thought the trouble might come in was wearing them for a few months before trying to return them. That's why i think it is good you have been in touch directly with the manufacturers, well ahead of your return, to alert them to the problem and arrange a return or refund that way.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

We are not going out of our way to be horrible to you.   We are just trying to point out the ebay and paypal policies that cover your problem.   The one most important thing common to both policies is the timeframe to return the items for a refund.  Neither of them allow the buyer to keep (and wear) the item for 2 months....and they have to be returned in the condition in which they were received which you cannot do if you have worn them during that 2 months.

If the shoes had been unworn you could have used paypal to return them as you have 6 months there but it is doubtful if they will accept the return of the shoes after you have been wearing them.

Do the photos show the damage that you are complaining about?  While they may show the unworn state of the shoes it is not much use if the initial damage does not show.

Anyway, if the manufacturer is going to refund you then you are not going to have to rely on ebay or paypal.  It is always been my experience that most manufacturers are not interested in dealing with problems arising from ebay transactions unless you bought them from a recognised reseller.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply