Sent faulty Item and can't return for 2 months

Help!

I've was sent faulty sandals. Brand new but the right one doesn't appear to have any glue in it and is falling appart. Contacted the seller who stoped contacting me after a few exchanges without resloving anything. So I asked ebay to step in who asked me to return the sandals by Feb 21st but I'd brought the shoes for a trip on the othe side of the world and don't have the facities to return the shoes until I return in two months time.
What do I do?

Thanks all
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

A little confused by your post.  If you are already overseas, why dont you get someone to return them for you.  Has the seller supplied a return address label?  Do you plan on taking the shoes overseas with you ?  If you wait 2 months the whole thing would be timed out .  Hardly fair to expect seller to wait 2 months for a return, especially if you are taking shoes o/s with you.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

They are with me, I didn't realise until I got here. They cost me ยฃ50, I wish I could show the the pictures the condition the were sent to me in is terrible, but I'm in the middle of nowhere and returning they is not possible. I'm asking this as the problem is with the timing.
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

a shame you did'nt open a dispute with paypal, you would have had 6 months to do that Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Is it too late, or can I not do that now as i've opened it with ebay?
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

You cannot open a dispute in paypal while you have one open in ebay but you can open a paypal one after the ebay one is closed.

The seller might fight it pretty vigorously by saying you had them for your holiday and now want to return them....and he may just win on those grounds although he should not.   It does look a bit suspicious.

How coul you travel to the middle of nowhere with an unusable pair of shoes and not know?

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

might be a good idea to ask on the UK boards.

Just as an aside, whenever I am going to go away I always 'wear in' the footwear I intend to take with me in the weeks leading up to my departure.  That way I can avoid blisters and sore feet while I am away, especially if I am going to the middle of nowhere where there a limited postal services but good internet!

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

So here's what happened, i'm working full time, getting things last minute and sandals are scare this time of year in shops so I got them online. I bought another pair, for another shop nothing to do with this order. They arrived faulty. I returned them and last minute bought these shoes, got them looked at them loved them packed them and was happy. Arrived in central America put them on and was horrified to find out the inside of the right shoe I'd hanging off. The pictures are damning. They were expensive and it's unbelievable that they'd ever be send out in this condition. I'm now suck with nothing else to wear, no option to replace them and no practical option to return them. The minute I get home I can send them back but not until then. But this is outside of the month so I image the seller doesn't have the help me if they don't want to. I've already had less than helpful contact with them, and now they haven't replied to me in days.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

When you get back sign up for Paypal's free returns offer then open a Paypal dispute. You may have to ring them a few times to convince them that it is not damage caused by wear after so long but you at least have a chance.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you can I start that process now? I have pictures showing that they arrived to me in a bad condition bit have worn them a few times ad I auve nothing else with me
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply