Shill bidding, how to spot it.

I came across this link a little while ago, most of it is relevant, unfortunately due to eBay's "privacy improvement" for buyers it's been made a little more difficult - I believe there's a site that will identify bidders however. Can anyone post that one?

The "private listings" unless they are really for sensitive or high-priced items are, and always will be a haven for shillers.

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/How-To-Identify-Shill-Bidding-Techniques-And-Avoid-Them-/1000000000498748...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Great read padi  When you do see shill bidding occuring, ebay do absolutly nothing when it's reported. Personally, I have seen it time & time again. I have given up reporting it. I have a list of sellers that do it on a regular basis. I have spoken to ebay and all they say is they will look into it. Blah blah Blah. 😞

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I don't try to spot shill bidders, I put my maximum bid in and if I win then I am getting the item at a price I am happy with, if I don't win then somebody else wanted it more or an inefficient shiller ended up winning.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I don't try tp spot them either, but if it is blatant when I check on my bids, then I retract my max (if able) and report the seller.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Good reading, padi. It leaves a bad taste when you think you have been strung along like this.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply