Shipping to Australia by US sellers

Getting increasingly frustrated with US sellers including shipping to Australia in their listing, then stating in their description "shipping to US only" or "may not ship to Australia". I always check on the shipping quoted by sending a message (as I've been caught before with US sellers underquoting for shipping then attempting to extract more dollars) and the answer comes back that they don't ship internationally however their listing clearly states they do. I like to source some of my stock internationally and they don't make it easy!

I don't know if it's an ebay education thing for new sellers but it seems to be happening more often.

Anyone had the same experience?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

They have been subscribed to the GPS system without realising, all they see is local posting, Pitney Bowes then adds a heap of money and rules which you pay for

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

It could well be because they have subscribed to GSP (?) which entails Pitney Bowes charging you a motza to process and forward your item.

It could be because they don't want to sell to Australia and don't understand the multi-part eBay hoops to block OS buyers.

It could be anything, but as you are buying stock to resell, I won't lose any sleep. In that instance it could be that you are trying to take advantage of newbies, not that I think that, but others might. If I wanted what you buy for resale on eBay, I would definitely try to cut out the middleman.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

They have been subscribed to the GPS system without realising, all they see is local posting, Pitney Bowes then adds a heap of money and rules which you pay for
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Easy fix!
A **bleep** feed back score for shipping.
Too bad for the US sac mucks who use eBay / shipping system
And maybe the shipper and eBay might get the hint when their US customers start baulking?
Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Yes I have had problems with US sellers re posting but its quite rare. At lesst most.of the US sellers provide a tracking number.
Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

The whole idea of the Global Shipping Program is that it gives the US sellers full Seller Protection because the service is fully tracked and insured.  That is also what makes it so expensive....not only are the buyers paying for the seller's protection but we are also paying for a 3rd party (Pitney Bowes) to pack and send the items.

The service is also very slow as the item has to travel to Pitney Bowes where it is repacked and the paperwork done before it is sent on the Australia.

I paid on Monday for an item to be sent Priority mail to Australia....it is still wandering round the USA before even being dispatched to me.

Before Pitney Bowes became involved I would have had that item last Friday at the latest.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Ditto lyndal, I paid over a week ago and as of Friday it was still on a sight seeing tour of the USA. Its a pathetic service. I purchased other items at the same time that I have already received where the Seller shipped themselves through USPS Priority.......Not happy Jan!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Mine's travelling well 😞

Cincinati

Erlanger

Hebron

Indianapolis

NOW ITS IN Angorage ALASAKA!!!!!

its quicker to buy from china

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Fred, mine's even better!!!!

Normally I don't buy from sellers using the GSP, but with this one I'd no choice unfortunately.

Anyway it came via Strong City, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Erlanger, Hebron, back to Erlanger, Indianapolis, Anchorage, Guapangzhou, Singapore and finally to Perth...................

All good, tracked all the way BUT even though it was an expensive item there was no Signature on Delivery..........

Postage was $39.01 for a very small item, The seller was horrified and certainly wasn't aware of what Pitney Bowes was up to with their charges.

Needless to say he's pulled out of GPS now....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

"The whole idea of the Global Shipping Program is that it gives the US sellers full Seller Protection because the service is fully tracked and insured. That is also what makes it so expensive....not only are the buyers paying for the seller's protection but we are also paying for a 3rd party (Pitney Bowes) to pack and send the items.
The service is also very slow as the item has to travel to Pitney Bowes where it is repacked and the paperwork done before it is sent on the Australia."

This is what we pay for, but it is not what they do; at least not for my parcels.

None of the parcels were repacked by Pitney Bowes, and when the items were passed to Fedex, they left them on the driveway at delivery, no signature, no effort to leave in a safe place, and no attempt at ringing a doorbell.

That's not exactly door-door secure handling.

I am not buying from another seller in this program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 32
Latest reply