Shonky sellers

I asked a seller to do up an invoice for some items as I couldnt check them out normally answer was certainly (no word from them yet).
Wanted an item of another seller as its listing was about to end and asked if they were going to relist it answer was certainly (they didnt relist it).
Asked another seller to ship an item (this was purchased 2 days ago) answer was certainly, item still has not been shipped.
Look just be honest and upfront about things. Dont give buyers a runaround. Time wasters as far as I can see.
Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Shonky sellers

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Will the "where's my item" start tomorrow? Does this stuff contain restricted material? What are you going to do when customs catches up with you and stops all your dangerous purchases coming into the country, which they will? Genuine question.

Thats without mentioning the stiff penalties they will impose. You won't have a choice but to buy locally because once you are in the system for illegal imports, everything you get sent into the country is checked. 

These threads are amusing at best.   . .

However, as other buyers may read and be misled ... what "dangerous" purchases are your referring to.

A number of the posts sound quite hysterical, and over the top and not in the funny way.

Message 21 of 56
Latest reply

Michelle is buying pet food from overseas that have questionable ingredients....we are surprised that Customs have not stopped some of her purchases.

Message 22 of 56
Latest reply

I know that.

What questionable ingredients ?

How do you know there are questionable ingredients in this posters purchases?

Message 23 of 56
Latest reply

I gather michelle has a known history with the pet food purchases but is there anything to indicate this particular item is in fact an illegal import?

There must be some brands that are quite legal to bring into the country-or so I would imagine. I  buy locally when I can but have to admit to buying some (dry) dog food online recently (not imported) because I didn't know of any nearby stores that stocked it. I've seen it on ebay too (only dearer) so obviously there must be a market for quality online pet food.

I am very surprised there would not be any stockists of quality mouse or rat food anywhere in Australia though.

Message 24 of 56
Latest reply

Dairy, fruit, vegetables, grains, a lot of which are on the restricted import list. There's a reason we have tight quarantine laws.

Message 25 of 56
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

I know that.

What questionable ingredients ?

How do you know there are questionable ingredients in this posters purchases?

If you already know this why are you asking these questions?

Over the course of many threads Michelle has posted item numbers and other identifying information.

It is very easy to check with the restricted items list on the Customs website.

Message 26 of 56
Latest reply

As far as I can tell from a review of customs web info dairy fruit and grains etc etc are restricted not prohibited.

As far as I can also see pet food products have far less restrictions on them than food for human consumption. 

I'd leave it to customs do their job - rather than this continual shaming and mocking of posters for their personal purchases, I think it does the trading boards community a great disservice.

Message 27 of 56
Latest reply

The thing is cats, michelle has been pulled up by customs on more than one occasion, whatever the reason (ingredients) whether on a notable restriction list is irrelevant to customs, you don't (can') argue with them.

So, as a poster above said (sorry can't remember who) Michelle's imports are now most likely flagged as an auto customs check, which leads to slow delivery or in some cases seized goods and no delivery.

Just seems to some of us that thhis is an awful hassle to go through (and come to the boards and complain about) on a regular basis, when surely someone is Oz sells rodent food or recipes to make it yourself like many pet owners do now.

Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 56
Latest reply

@shepherdsrule wrote:

The thing is cats, michelle has been pulled up by customs on more than one occasion, whatever the reason (ingredients) whether on a notable restriction list is irrelevant to customs, you don't (can') argue with them.

So, as a poster above said (sorry can't remember who) Michelle's imports are now most likely flagged as an auto customs check, which leads to slow delivery or in some cases seized goods and no delivery.

Just seems to some of us that thhis is an awful hassle to go through (and come to the boards and complain about) on a regular basis, when surely someone is Oz sells rodent food or recipes to make it yourself like many pet owners do now.

Smiley Happy

Does nothing really to encourage others to come to the boards and ask for advice.  Why would they, they could be subject to ridicule.

The reasons for personal purchases are no-ones bees wax, but the person making the purchases.. 

Message 29 of 56
Latest reply

li.varia
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Please keep posts courteous toward one another.  As a reminder, interpersonal disputes are not allowed on the Community.  Feel free to review the Discussion Boards Usage Policies if needed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Varia
Community Moderator
Message 30 of 56
Latest reply