Should I contact the seller to check on item status?

4bytes
Community Member

Around 12 days ago I purchased an Item from a private ebay seller whose located in Victoria while I'm in NSW. The listing the seller had up was a buy it now listing and after confirming the purchase I instantly paid for the item via PayPal, it's now almost two weeks since I've made the purchase and the item still hasn't been marked as shipped nor have I had any form of communication with the seller.  While it's still within Ebays estimated delivery time frame (it has until the 2nd of December to get here) I have the feeling that the item has not indeed been shipped and is still sitting with the seller for whatever reason. 

I believe that I understand that the seller doesn't have to show the Item has been posted (going by older threads so please excuse me if this is no longer the case) However I think this is a little wrong as how am I suppose to know if It's coming or not and when to expect it by? 

Should I be contacting the seller to see what the go is? I've never had any trouble with other sellers espically with untracked items where they've sent it and marked it as shipped. 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Should I contact the seller to check on item status?

Okay so I should probably give an update to the situation, the item arrived with no further messages from the seller on December 1st 2020, I left positive feedback and thought this would be the end of it. 

Now yesterday morning around 11:30 AM I got an email from Ebay notification popup on my phone to say "My order is on it's way". Strange as I don't recall ordering any more from the seller, Just to double check I also checked my paypal transactions and there was no new charges on there for this particular seller.  When I had the notification pop-up yesterday It was still giving me the original estimated delivery date which was something like "18th November - December 1st 2020".  Just to make sure it wasn't an Ebay mobile application glitch I checked my email and there was also an automated email from Ebay again with "Your order is on it's way". 

Like I already said, I never heard back from the seller when I was just enquiring as to whether they shipped my item or not and just forgot to mark it. I ended up getting the item anyway on the very last day before the estimated delivery date cut off, left my feedback and I figured that is that, end of story. 

So I'm not sure if seller sent it again (they did have mutiple for sale) or if for some reason now after all this time the seller has gone into their panel from their end and just marked it "sent'. Very confusing as I don't intend to accept further delivery if the seller sent another one out espically since (again possibly, who knows) they failed to properly communicate. Will just be RTS, I ordered 1, not going to be on the hook for a mishap. 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Have a look in your 'my ebay' section and see if it has now been marked as 'sent'. It is sounding to me as if the seller may have read your message then gone and marked it well after the event, which may have then triggered the ebay message to you about it being on its way.

I am glad you got it in the proper time frame. This is another of those sellers whose communication skills could be better.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Yes, says sent on "10/12/20". A little weird after all this time but okay just as long as another one wasn't sent out without any communication then I'm fine. 

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Someone else reported recently that they received a similar email, a few days after their item arrived. Sounds like the system hasn't caught up. They received another email a bit later saying the item had been delivered.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply