Should I have to pay for item return. It has 4 tags clearly marked with 2 different sizes on them

Purchased pants size 18 .When arrived they had 2 size 16 tags and 1 tag 18 and Invoice size 18.  Size 18 required.To Return this item

I have to pay another $7 as item was full price not discounted with $10 postage. As the mistake was on the market seller it should

be returned collect postage. I started a return before I found about the extra postage as a long time user this was my first return.

jkf20000

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Should I have to pay for item return. It has 4 tags clearly marked with 2 different sizes on them

If the seller is in Australia, the return case will prompt the seller to email you a return label.

Then you just use the label for the return so it doesn't cost you anything.

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you try the pants on?

How do you know they are not mislabelled and they are actually size 18 as ordered?

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

This has happened to me with a large department store, not ebay related.  They had size on pantes but when I tried on they fitted perfectly.  Quite honestly, these days labels mean little.  As has been said did you try on???

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Same here on pants I have bought from the retailer starting with T

I find it more important how the pants fit rather than what one of three tags say

But then again, one size x from one store is not the same as a size x from another

Can't give an opion when there was not mention on if the pants were tried on

Was there any mention in the listing of the pants having 2 different sizes on the tags?

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Hi

of course I tried the pants on

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I have tried the pants on they are a size 16  I have bought  this item at different times and they usually are a true fit to sizes. I checked my order details and order 18 there was not mention about different size lables

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Thank you but as I closed return to contact seller when I had to pay for label. I have used EBay for 13 years and this was my

first return so didnt know the ropes. will from now on as it may appear I have lost $30

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Once you close a dispute you cannot open it again.

However if you paid with paypal you can open a dispute in the paypal resolution centre.

Before opening the dispute sign up for the offer of payent of the return postage.   If you don't do so you will have to pay for return tracked postage yourself....make sure it trackable on line or you may not get the refund.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Hi 

Thank you  at 77 yrs I have decided  to give the pants to charity. its now too much of a hassel . I have learned a lesson though

read the fine print in EBay sites before you cancell anything it was my first time in 13yrs to claim a refund.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply