Should this ebayer be de-registered

if any eBay staff are reading this please could they read the messagges from

<Removed>

This involves an 80 year old picture frame sold for $8 and because I described it only as 'Used' the buyer wanted a refund because it did not have a stand to support it. There followed a tirade of abuse including the 'F' word. My opinion is that people like this should not be on eBy. They cause a lot of stress to someone my age (middle 70s)

I would like to hear comments please

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Should this ebayer be de-registered

his story will tell you what happens here from time to time

i have had some absoulately shocking buyers over the years .  one toped the lot though

i sold an item

buyer had a filthy mouth because he didnt use his eyes and look at photos and read the listing. 

so i contacted ebay and a ebay support Manager told me to stop all communication with this buyer and they will sort them out.

they never did anything

the buyer got even worse  with threats of violence  / bulgary on my home and all the items i own  and lots more.   directly on the ebay messages  platform

i actually reported him to the local police

buyer eventually set my brand new well packaged items back to me all smashed up and ebay told me to refund the buyer, which they did.

i had photos to prove that i was in the right

i had loads of phone calls to ebay (trying to get him removed and make ebay a 'safe trading platform ' like they say that it is.  all to no avail

they would not remove the buyer from ebay.

even though i found out it was not the first offence from the same person.

ebays policy is to allow freedom of speech and they encourage All sales

after i told ebay that i would like to see them hold that view in an Australian Court of Law ( which i was fully going to do ) they fully refunded me aswell.   what a back step they did..

so ebay refunded the buyer .  i got my new items back smashed up and ebay paid me for the price i sold them for.....

the funniest thing about it all was that the buyer was selling my new item within a week and he actually sent me ' his ' items that were damaged......

following and checking the items people sell show some strange things sometimes

I still have all the emails and communication from buyer and ebay regarding this matter even years later. ( will never delete them )

BTW This buyer is still trading on ebay today

Moral of the story ..  ''  Stick to your guns  ''   

ebay policies are not always moral

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry to hear of your appaliing experience. I think that you, for the benefit of other ebayers, should let us know his username so we can avoid him at all costs. Regarding the negative feedback my ebayer  left me, I appealed to ebay and they removed it. The buyer saw this and tried to have it reinstated but without success. The ebay agent read the messages and made his decision so those others who feel that they have been left unjustified FB should also appeal. If you fail the first time phone again and keep phoning!

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Can't name members here, it's against board policies and will be removed by the mods.

But some sellers will name a seller in their reply to feedback so other sellers can add them to their BBL.

image host
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Yeah that is correct. cant name and shame here.  ......cough ( what a joke )

So much for fredom of speech

But as i said ebay refunded the seller and me and returned items ( both broken ) so the sale was cancelled which deletes all feedback just like the trasaction never happened.

Cant make other people aware so they can be safe also.

Nothing bad ever happens on ebay  .....Cough (  Damn , i got a sore throat today )

Now i have to go and package an item for a buyer with ' lawyer ' in their ebay name  .......   omg that is spooky scary

Be safe / record everyhing / trust no one but yourself   ,  not even a lawyer   🙂

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply