Sick of lying sellers with fake tracking and ebay not caring.

prettyfar
Community Member

Really sick of trying to buy items within Australia, having the seller mark as sent and then play with the shipping info to make it look like Auspost has the item, while waiting for it to come from china.

I've reported a few really blatent ones and ebay does exactly nothing to address the behaviour.

I have nothing against overseas sellers, but if I choose something locally with the expectation that it translates a fast turn delivery, and then get jerked around and lied to by sellers, and ebay dosent act even with absolute proof then I question why I continue to use ebay at all. 

Corona and the associated delays only serve to highlight the problem.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Sick of lying sellers with fake tracking and ebay not caring.

Winit is a 4PL (Fourth-Party Logistics) carrier and consolidates Chinese sellers parcels bound for international destinations.  They airfreight boxes of parcels and delivers them to the local countries postal service for onforward delivery.

They work reasonably well with deliveries to Australian buyers in 7-14 days on average when the world is 'normal'.  Currently they are delivering 14-30 days with the shortage of aircraft and delays within the Australia Post network.

The Winit portal allows sellers to create their own tracking templates aka "AU warehouse" "Australia Post" to give the impression your goods are actually shipped from a local warehouse.

Some of the bigger Chinese sellers use the Winit fulfillment service which has warehouses in Sydney and Melbourne stuffed with local stock, but the vast majority use the consolidated service ex China.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply