Slow Boat from China!

Some weeks ago I had an INR from China for which thed seller refunded no probs.  It was inexpensive so wasnt terribly concerned.  Imagine my surprise when yesterday the item arrived with the postage date clearly showing March 23rd, 2017.  I had totally forgotten about it after all this time.  Off to paypal now to repay the $ but doubt if I am able to give feedback.  Have honestly never had anything take quite so l o n g.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Slow Boat from China!

@daydreams_12 wrote:

Some weeks ago I had an INR from China for which thed seller refunded no probs.  It was inexpensive so wasnt terribly concerned.  Imagine my surprise when yesterday the item arrived with the postage date clearly showing March 23rd, 2017.  I had totally forgotten about it after all this time.  Off to paypal now to repay the $ but doubt if I am able to give feedback.  Have honestly never had anything take quite so l o n g.

I once had a US seller underquote the postage so when she got the bad news at the post office instead of letting me know (and giving me the option to pay  more) she sent my purchase by sea.  I forgot all about it and so did she.  Eventually it arrived safe and sound (it was a very expensive DVD set in a special case etc).  It was far too late for feedback but I did contact the seller to let her know it had finally arrived.

Another US purchase failed to arrive after a month so I contacted the seller and we decided I would open a case with PayPal and if it didn't turn up by the time the case was due to be closed she would send me a refund.  I also promised to pay her if it did arrive after the case was closed.  With the end date due and no sign of the item she sent me the refund.  Nearly a month later guess what turned up?  Yep, the missing item.  As it was a 1960s vintage purchase I had managed to win at a very good price, I was very happy to get it.  So was the seller when I gave her the good news....and the money as promised.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Slow Boat from China!

a)  Items sent by "economy Air" from China routinely take 4-6 weeks.

b) the event when the goods were sent via Sea Mail from USA must have been a long, long time ago as USPS ceased that service over 10 years ago.  Mind you, items sent by "Priority Mail International" can take up to 21 days, when sailing time from the West Coast to Syd/Melb is only around 14 days. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Slow Boat from China!

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

a)  Items sent by "economy Air" from China routinely take 4-6 weeks.

b) the event when the goods were sent via Sea Mail from USA must have been a long, long time ago as USPS ceased that service over 10 years ago.  Mind you, items sent by "Priority Mail International" can take up to 21 days, when sailing time from the West Coast to Syd/Melb is only around 14 days. 

Some US sellers wo live near the border will post things surface mail from Canada.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Slow Boat from China!

That's interesting about the surface mail option, but yes, my experience with US sea mail was a while ago...back in the day when USPS was so bad that just about nothing arrived in Oz earlier than a month.  That reminds me of an occurrence when I waited a month plus a few more days before letting a US seller know my purchase hadn't arrived.....only to find out she had forgotten to post it! Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply