Soldering irons are NOT, I repeat NOT "welding irons" STOP calling them as such!!

I notice a lot of sellers who sell soldering irons are WRONGLY calling them "welding" irons!! They are NOT "welding" irons at all!! They are SOLDERING irons, & soldering is NOT "welding", because welding requires higher temperatures than the 500°C produced by a soldering iron. PROPER terminology only thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Soldering irons are NOT, I repeat NOT "welding irons" STOP calling them as such!!

Tell the sellers

Very,very unlikely the ones selling these will just happen to read here

so STOP yelling at people who have nothing to do what another seller calls them

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I am sorry and cannot help replying to your post.

I am female and in my 70's.  I am still able to weld and and solder with the best of them.  Are those you complain about from Asia?

I am not overly mobile these days but can still do it without too many problems.  If you have had a problem, contact your seller and get it sorted.  I have not purchased any of my supplies from Asia and nor have any friends.  If you are going to complain, give us some proof.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You are correct. Soldering irons are not (in this country and language, at least) welding irons.

It could well be a translation glitch, assuming the seller/s are writing the ads, initially, in Chinese.

In fact, there are no such things as welding irons. If a potential buyer doesn't know that, it's probably safest for them not to buy such an item. They will likely burn themselves.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

No rant about the Yanks pronouncing "solder" as "sodder"?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply