Some ebay CS empolyee

Long story short, I returned an item with tracking and record says delivered last week, but no refund received so far.

I tried to contact seller, no response, so I contacted ebay CS instead via LiveChat.

The tracking clearly shows delivered, but CS refused to do anything about it because I didn't upload tracking # in a "timely manner"?

Well you can blame me for forgetting to upload tracking, but that doesn't change the fact that the item has been returned to seller.

I was then given the silience treatment, couldn't get a single word from this CS anymore.

I thought I could just close the window and restart another chat session with someone else who has a bit more commonsense, sadly it just bought me back to the same session, no matter how many times I try.

Pls advice, how do I start a new chat session? 

Thx. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Some ebay CS empolyee

Try logging out and in again.....

In saying that, you need to read up on safe buying guides' link provided.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buy-now/buying-works?id=4002

Never return an item without going through proper eBay channels and protocols.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Some ebay CS empolyee

Tried logging out and in again, still the same.

I couldn't even find a phone # to call anymore?

So now ebay's CS rep can just ignore us completely and we have NO other way to contact them huh?

Good work, ebay.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Some ebay CS empolyee

The ebay call centre has been closed since early last year when the Covid restrictions were first introduced.  Live Chat has been the only option for all that time.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Some ebay CS empolyee

@ordervania wrote:

Tried logging out and in again, still the same.

Try clearing your browser history that should allow you to access a new chat session.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Some ebay CS empolyee

I just tried live chat to check, and I can't get a response either

Maybe glitching because of the maintenance eBay do on Fridays ? Try using a different browser perhaps, I find Firefox is very eBay friendly [ try this number 1800093577 ]

Sorry I couldn't help more

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply