Steering Wheel, Disk Error

bernova13
Community Member

I purchased a new Steering Wheel, the wheel has an install disk.  But it comes up with

Error Number: 0x8000FFFF
Description:>Kernel\ServiceProvider.ccp(128)

I am using Windows 10.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think anyone can really help you with that specific error as that is not Ebay related.

What is more Ebay related is whether the seller sold you a genuine item or a knock off.

There are no real warranties with anything bought on Ebay unless you have bought from an authorised distributor.

Where is the seller registered? Check on their feedback page for this info.

Depending on when you purchased, you may be able to open a case for Not as Described.

The outcome will depend on where the seller is located.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It is a Chinese company, and it gives no internet address.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Sounds like a knock off. Did you even check the sellers feedback before purchasing? Were there no red flags?

How long ago did you purchase?

If you are within 30 days of the last estimated date of delivery, you can open a case for Not as Described.

This puts the onus back on the seller to either:

1) Send you the postage money if they want the item back (only domestic sellers can send a shipping label)

2) Refund.

Do not close the case until you have your money back. Do not close the case if the seller offers to resend the item etc.

Also, please read the Buyers Help sections as they explain what to do in the even of things going wrong.

If you are beyond the 30 day time frame, you can open a case in Paypal, but FIRST go the Ebay route and secondly the Paypal route.

Finally - stop buying junk from China.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@bernova13 wrote:

I purchased a new Steering Wheel, the wheel has an install disk.  But it comes up with

Error Number: 0x8000FFFF
Description:>Kernel\ServiceProvider.ccp(128)

I am using Windows 10.

I googled the error code and it’s a Windows 10 thing. 
You can google it and look at the various ‘fixes’ for it. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply