Taking eBay seller to ACCC

nivi_k
Community Member

Hi,

I am after some advice on how to proceed against a seller on eBay. The amount for claim is small, but I am trying to get the product removed from the market for safety reasons.  ACCC requires the ABN/ACN which eBay refuses to provide for "privacy" reasons. 

Any idea how to proceed? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Not all sellers on eBay have one.

Are you sure they have one and that they are a registered business or company?

Anyway, what is the item number?

Message 2 of 63
Latest reply

If you know the business just do an ABN search and I gather they are in Australian. Most sellers with an ABN will have it at the bottom of the listing if they are registered for GST. If they are small just search their name as they may be a sole trader. 

Message 3 of 63
Latest reply

Give the  item number of the item you’re concerned about, and we’ll help you with specifics, until then, we can’t really advise as we don’t know any details. 

Don’t name and shame the seller, it’s not allowed on these boards. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 63
Latest reply

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies. Item number is : 384892766073

Message 5 of 63
Latest reply

Can I ask - what safety reasons??

Message 6 of 63
Latest reply

If you search for their name here https://www.abr.business.gov.au/, there are 2 results, although their main business location is not the same as for the item...

Message 7 of 63
Latest reply

By the way, have you expressed your concerns to the seller?

Message 8 of 63
Latest reply

Paper that is because the seller is an authorised reseller of the product.

Message 9 of 63
Latest reply

@nivi_k wrote:

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies. Item number is : 384892766073

I don’t understand the problem, if anything had a safety issue, it would be the furb gaming chair that’s receiving all the latest negs.

With your item, it’s manufactured in China, brand name is Taily. This seller is an authorised seller for Taily, so your item comes with a 12mth warranty, even though some conditions apply…..

It’s cheap, so probably best to not expect too much, but I really can’t see a safety issue.  I can see that even though a less quality item, for a much cheaper price, but I’d say it is still fit for purpose.  

I’m afraid you’ll have to enlighten us a tad more info regarding your concerns. ☺️

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 63
Latest reply