Taking eBay seller to ACCC

nivi_k
Community Member

Hi,

I am after some advice on how to proceed against a seller on eBay. The amount for claim is small, but I am trying to get the product removed from the market for safety reasons.  ACCC requires the ABN/ACN which eBay refuses to provide for "privacy" reasons. 

Any idea how to proceed? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

No idea, look at her pics here:  https://imgur.com/a/SOZQ13t  Probably a cross but no idea. 

Message 21 of 63
Latest reply

I have purchased 8 playpens from pawz and they’re really good - sturdy, zero gaps. I’ve had massive, strong dogs in large playpens and I’ve never had this problem. I just ordered my 9th one today!

Message 22 of 63
Latest reply

@nivi_k wrote:

No idea, look at her pics here:  https://imgur.com/a/SOZQ13t  Probably a cross but no idea. 

---------------------------------------------------

You are playing with fire.  Hope you do not get too badly burnt

Message 23 of 63
Latest reply

@nivi_k

9C06005E-A2A9-4AE0-A6E6-CA1AC2F25A1E.jpeg      Click on the camera button.

0D1469E2-0D3A-4542-9566-D07752834337.jpeg   Select your preferred option.

E9D5F89B-6355-43F3-8692-082251ABA49F.jpeg    Again, select preferred option.

CDB7274D-738F-4E09-BF94-F959E85F97EB.jpeg    Select your photo. A  will appear on the photo you choose. Press  ADD button.

CE8FEF51-38FE-4258-A0AE-B2A9D9880877.jpeg While photo loads, select the size you want. These photos are small size but most folk (including myself) usually choose Medium sz.  Once loaded, click DONE at the bottom of the screen.

You will be taken back to the reply screen, be able to see your photos, you can preview the page or edit now before publishing.  When happy, press reply to complete.  

I use the eBay app.  I’m not sure if the process is different using a PC.  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 24 of 63
Latest reply

@nivi_k wrote:

I have purchased 8 playpens from pawz and they’re really good - sturdy, zero gaps. I’ve had massive, strong dogs in large playpens and I’ve never had this problem. I just ordered my 9th one today!

Bars are always a bit dangerous. The Paws playpen avoids bars (well, at least the expensive one I looked at), which is certainly an advantage.

I have even heard of bird owners who had bought a cage with bars that were a bit too far apart, and the bird's head got stuck between bars. Awful!

Message 25 of 63
Latest reply

Could you please elaborate?

Message 26 of 63
Latest reply

nivi_k
Community Member

Thank you again everyone for your time. This is not about a refund! It could have just as easily been a child getting her hand stuck between the panels. I am just relieved that we were home when it happened as the pain would have been excruciating for the few moments that her paw was stuck in between the panels.

As for the comment about playing with fire, really? My conscience won't let me turn a blind eye, as simple as that. I would never, ever want to see another dog get injured or a child for that matter.  Anyway, I'm letting my lawyer handle the matter.

Kind regards,

N

Message 27 of 63
Latest reply

@nivi_k wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/SOZQ13t  a dog in my care was badly injured 

Sweetie, your photos show nothing, except a dog that is put in a cage. In fact, one of the photos shows a dog that is looking rather happy. Another showing said dog happily sleeping. You have no basis for a claim. If you report to the ACCC, they will literally laugh in your face.

The biggest threat in these forums is reporting to the ACCC, yet no one ever comes back saying they have had a successful outcome. Usually because they don't have a leg to stand on as far as a case goes. They are full of p1ss and wind.

Message 28 of 63
Latest reply

.This dog’s paw was trapped in the gap and she was screaming in pain. The  pics show the gap between the panels where a paw/fingers could get trapped.

Will get back once we hear from the ACCC. If they laugh then that’s fine, at least I’ve tried. 

Message 29 of 63
Latest reply

@nivi_k wrote:

.This dog’s paw was trapped in the gap and she was screaming in pain. The  pics show the gap between the panels where a paw/fingers could get trapped.

Will get back once we hear from the ACCC. If they laugh then that’s fine, at least I’ve tried. 

Trust me, they will laugh. Ebay members are very quick to scream a case to the ACCC because they felt they are hard done by. 99% of the time it's because they are miffed, not because the seller has done anything wrong, and it's not even dismissed, because it was a nothing. Bleating an ACCC threat means nothing and nothing will happen.

99% of the time it's because you have bought from a Chinese seller that promises the world, at a miniscule of the price of a real one, which I suspect you did. ACCC will NOT touch a Chinese seller, because they are Chinese. They are in China. Not in Australia. ACCC is Australia, not China.

Message 30 of 63
Latest reply