Taking eBay seller to ACCC

nivi_k
Community Member

Hi,

I am after some advice on how to proceed against a seller on eBay. The amount for claim is small, but I am trying to get the product removed from the market for safety reasons.  ACCC requires the ABN/ACN which eBay refuses to provide for "privacy" reasons. 

Any idea how to proceed? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 63
Latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Taking eBay seller to ACCC

There are also a couple of businesses with the name of the manufacturer, including in Victoria.

Actually it is not even clear if that name starting with T (in the photo) is the manufacturer, as it is also under the main name of the seller.

Message 11 of 63
Latest reply

Yes - there are 2 - one NSW - one Vic.

They could still be a Chinese registered company here - either or both.

One could presume - the manufacturer is Taily - as the brand name given.

They are imported - says - Made in China - but still curious about the safety concerns - for a puppy or cat. ??

Message 12 of 63
Latest reply

I am not sure about the safety concerns either. 

Hopefully the OP will come back to let us know.

Message 13 of 63
Latest reply

Under item specifics, the brand name is clearly stated.

Message 14 of 63
Latest reply

Iโ€™m thinking the trading name is the same as name on eBay seller name, starting with U.  Registered in QLD 

The actual warehouse is in Clayton, VIC.

Not unusual to be reg in one state and business production in another. 

But Dom is correct when she says it could be a Chinese business registered here. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 15 of 63
Latest reply

Yes, including pictures of how the dog in my care was injured. And how the wire rods were bent at right angles to to the panels in the playpen. Not sure how to include pics here

Message 16 of 63
Latest reply

A dog in my care was badly injured when her paw got stuck between the panels that open wide and then squeeze tight. The rods connecting the panels are much much higher than the panel, and easily bent by the dog. So theyโ€™re all now at right angles pointing outwards. Not sure how to post pics here.

Message 17 of 63
Latest reply

https://imgur.com/a/SOZQ13t  a dog in my care was badly injured 

Message 18 of 63
Latest reply

Horses for courses I suppose,  My dog would shred those to pieces in 5 minutes flat, He  has been known to bite his way through  a 5/16  stainless steel cable and tear his way through industrial mesh gates.  Gentle giant, just does not like being locked up.

Anyway as for those pens, they are widely available in Australia  as branded,  you can also buy them in bulk direct from china ,  300+ units and you can have them branded and packaged however you like.

Message 19 of 63
Latest reply

What kind of dog did you have in your care.??

Message 20 of 63
Latest reply