The box over the photo saying how many have looked at this is annoying

jjsj33
Community Member

I absolutely hate that little box that pops over the photo of the item saying xxx have looked at this in the past 24 hours.  Can we get rid of it please!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay seems to think that buyers are sheep with many of the features that have been introduced over the past couple of years. As a buyer I am not interested in how many other people have viewed an item or added an item to their watch list or asked a question about an item or who is following this, that or whatever. I am not influenced by other member's buying decisions, I just want to be able to easily and quickly find the things that I'm searching for and buy them.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No - I am happy to see that little box, because then I know buyers are at least looking

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I agree, they are very annoying.

If you use Firefox and AdBlock you can get rid of them.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Recent-eBay-News/Pop-Ups/m-p/652435#M997

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I wonder how truthful they are though.

And if I look at an item and go back a few minutes later, it tells me "someone has looked at this in the last hour". I wonder if that someone is me...

Cos I asked a seller a question and then went back and had another look at the listing and then I got the little flag telling me that "someone has made an enquiry about this item in the last hour".

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

eBay seems to think that buyers are sheep with many of the features that have been introduced over the past couple of years. As a buyer I am not interested in how many other people have viewed an item or added an item to their watch list or asked a question about an item or who is following this, that or whatever. I am not influenced by other member's buying decisions, I just want to be able to easily and quickly find the things that I'm searching for and buy them.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply